New AP Poll October 11th

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Alabama very nearly was in a great position after last week's games. Kansas St. had kind of a meltdown, and Michigan St. survived another close one. Otherwise, Alabama would be 8 with two teams ahead of them on their schedule (and Florida a potential SECCG opponent). As it is though, a few of those teams are going to play each other. So, Alabama can basically clear their way to 7, Michigan St. or Ohio State will lose, TCU or Baylor will lose, that puts Alabama at 5. Alabama very nearly controls their destiny at this point, not quite, but almost.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I'm not sure I understand the double standard that the media seems to apply to us. We beat Arky by 13, and we "struggled" and "escaped with a win" and drop two spots in the poll. TAMU barely squeezes out a win in OT against the same team, and it's a "heroic comeback", and they move up three spots in the poll. Am I just delusional expecting any kind of consistency from writers at this point?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well, Saban can use this.

Also, this weekend is a good one coming up. LSU or Florida will cancel out an undefeated team

I do think the media is in love with Michigan right now. I imagine if we win and they beat Michigan State...they will probably put them ahead of us. Pfft....

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just my opinion on Michigan...haven't watched them play yet except some of the game against Utah...but they'll have a game or two where the "old Michigan" from the last few years shows up and they'll lose a game or two down the stretch.

You don't turn around a big ship that fast.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Alabama very nearly was in a great position after last week's games. Kansas St. had kind of a meltdown, and Michigan St. survived another close one. Otherwise, Alabama would be 8 with two teams ahead of them on their schedule (and Florida a potential SECCG opponent). As it is though, a few of those teams are going to play each other. So, Alabama can basically clear their way to 7, Michigan St. or Ohio State will lose, TCU or Baylor will lose, that puts Alabama at 5. Alabama very nearly controls their destiny at this point, not quite, but almost.
I still think we control our destiny...no matter what.

Baylor and TCU play each other. OSU and Michigan State play each other. We are guaranteed to play two SEC in front of us and probably Florida if we make the SECCG. Benefit of losing early. All the top teams play each other late.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
2 things:
1. The AP has an infatuation with a zero in the loss column. Easy schedules get rewarded. We are still the highest ranked 1-loss team.
2. Our two biggest wins are against teams who used to be ranked but are no longer ranked.

All we need to be is #4 in the playoff committee rankings.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I do think the media is in love with Michigan right now. I imagine if we win and they beat Michigan State...they will probably put them ahead of us. Pfft....
You know that I don't like UM, but they have now shut out 3 opponents in a row. That is pretty impressive.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I agree impressive and we sure have heard enough about it.
College football is a better sport when the great programs are playing well. Though I dislike UM, I am really glad that they are getting their act back together - even if it means that they are the story of the week. And I agree with you - if they beat MSU, they will be an even bigger story. But the season is less than half over. This stuff will work it way out.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I still think we control our destiny...no matter what.

Baylor and TCU play each other. OSU and Michigan State play each other. We are guaranteed to play two SEC in front of us and probably Florida if we make the SECCG. Benefit of losing early. All the top teams play each other late.
As it stands:

1. Big 10-> 2 undefeateds
2. Big 12-> 2 undefeated
3. PAC 12-> 1 undefeated
4. Acc -> 2 undefeated

If all four have undefeated teams at the end then there is no way we get in unless the committee buys the ill ifs and fluke plays in the ole miss game argument. We need to Keep on trucking and get some help.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As it stands:

1. Big 10-> 2 undefeateds
2. Big 12-> 2 undefeated
3. PAC 12-> 1 undefeated
4. Acc -> 2 undefeated

If all four have undefeated teams at the end then there is no way we get in. We need to
Keep on trucking and get some help.
I don't think that there will be any undefeated teams from P5 conferences this season.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
College football is a better sport when the great programs are playing well. Though I dislike UM, I am really glad that they are getting their act back together - even if it means that they are the story of the week. And I agree with you - if they beat MSU, they will be an even bigger story. But the season is less than half over. This stuff will work it way out.
The OSU/Michigan game will be a must watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.