Are Stadium Dogs a Thing of the Past?

TideHead

All-SEC
May 19, 2003
I went to three different concession stands last night, and all had just plain hot dogs. Has anyone found a concession stand where they still have the hot dogs with the special stadium dog sauce and sauerkraut?

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
My hotdog was cold (not cooked at all); and there were hardly any other options outside of hotdog, nachos or plain m&ms. Very disappointed with concessions last night.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Last year I bought my son a chicken finger meal from a stand in the upper deck. How could you sell chicken fingers and not have honey mustard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My hotdog was cold (not cooked at all); and there were hardly any other options outside of hotdog, nachos or plain m&ms. Very disappointed with concessions last night.
The menu was very vanilla because we are holding back for later in the season. :)

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
My son and I had hotdogs last night...with sour krout....they were good. Of course, I was hungry.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I do miss the stadium dog. The quality of concessions at BDS has gone down the last couple years. Someone with me at the ULM game ate the BBQ nachos & regretted it almost immediately. The BBQ anchors experience made me think about Jim Gaffigan's "hot pocket" bit [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I went to three different concession stands last night, and all had just plain hot dogs. Has anyone found a concession stand where they still have the hot dogs with the special stadium dog sauce and sauerkraut?
I was fortunate enough to sit in a friends box last night at Bryant Denny. They had the stadium dogs with the Kraut and Special sauce. So the answer is the good dogs are in the box suites.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I was fortunate enough to sit in a friends box last night at Bryant Denny. They had the stadium dogs with the Kraut and Special sauce. So the answer is the good dogs are in the box suites.
That's my experience as well. Maybe stadium dogs are now contributing to "income inequality".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.