Dabo gets upset when asked about "Clemsoning"!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Dabo nailed it on that one.

That said, a coaching staff lays an egg like that game and the media is going to wear it out.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I don't get all the Dabo love. I find all his pre- and post-game hootin' and hollerin' a tad bit embarrassing.

I prefer a more even-keeled (read: grown-up) type of coach. If you're that good, you can let the scoreboard do the talking for you. But maybe I'm just a stick in the mud.

MS TN NC Tidefan

3rd Team
Jan 2, 2003
Huntersville, NC, USA
I think Dabo got kinda tainted when he was dismissed with the rest of the Dubose staff. Not knowing anything about his involvement / activities while on that staff, I don't really have an opinion there.

But no one can really take away from him what he has done with Clemson. He has really turned them around. He has a lot of enthusiasm and typically does a pretty good job of bantering with Spurrier.

Kudos to Dabo! He's not there to take grief/jabs from anyone. He's standing up for his program.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't get all the Dabo love. I find all his pre- and post-game hootin' and hollerin' a tad bit embarrassing.

I prefer a more even-keeled (read: grown-up) type of coach. If you're that good, you can let the scoreboard do the talking for you. But maybe I'm just a stick in the mud.
I'd say, "It takes all kinds." Dabo is likely just being true to himself with his passion and excitement and post game, locker room dances.

Don't take this wrong because I love CNS, but sometimes I wish he'd be more excited/happy/giddy because it's fun to watch people celebrate and be happy. But he, like Dabo, is just being himself and doing it his way...

They are like the Duke Boys: "Making their way...the only way they know how..."

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
No matter what folks think of his antics he is getting the results and that's what counts. He has done an outstanding job at Clemson.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Don't take this wrong because I love CNS, but sometimes I wish he'd be more excited/happy/giddy because it's fun to watch people celebrate and be happy.
Go back and watch the gatorade shower at the end of the Notre Dame game.

CNS saves it for a particular time and place.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I know and I love it...would like to see it a little more is all...but again...that's CNS's personality which is different from someone like Dabo. I like 'em both!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

CNS = Bill Belichick

CDS = Pete Carroll

Everybody is different and has different methods.......Dabo is a lot younger than CNS and maybe that plays into it, as well.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Reminds me of the story about after the '09 SECCG when they went to give Saban the Gatorade bath Rolando stepped in and stopped it saying "We ain't won nothing yet". Not sure if 100% true - but definitely a different attitude towards winning than most places.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Reminds me of the story about after the '09 SECCG when they went to give Saban the Gatorade bath Rolando stepped in and stopped it saying "We ain't won nothing yet". Not sure if 100% true - but definitely a different attitude towards winning than most places.
i remember watching that during the game

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Clemson wins the national championship this year the talk of Dabbo coming home when coach Saban retires one day will be real. ;)
A lot of folks know some stuff that went on when he was on the Dubose staff..I personally don't know...however Dabo winning a championship could make some folks forget some things they know/have heard.

I'm not connected and don't know stuff, but if we were looking for CNS's replacement today, I (my opinion) would have him near the top of my list...but that's just because I like him.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
A lot of folks know some stuff that went on when he was on the Dubose staff..I personally don't know...however Dabo winning a championship could make some folks forget some things they know/have heard.

I'm not connected and don't know stuff, but if we were looking for CNS's replacement today, I (my opinion) would have him near the top of my list...but that's just because I like him.
Coach Stallings thinks highly of him and that's good enough for me.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My guess is the next time Clemson drops a game Dabo is going to hear that term that seems to bother him so much a whole lot. Now that the media knows how much "Clemsoning" gets under his skin, they will be happy to oblige.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
As a media guy pointed out on a well-known radio program the other day, the majority of the media today is into "creating news". Not reporting the news mind you... but "creating it". His example was what was taking place in the 4th quarter of the UA-Ole Miss game in the press box with the "media types". They evidently were conferring among themselves before several put out different articles the next day detailing the fact that the "Alabama dynasty" was dead. CA called them "clowns" earlier in this thread... and I think that's a pretty good description.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Whatever he did or didn't do under Dubose I feel certain he was only doing what he was told. I certainly don't think he was the mastermind behind any of it? I'm glad I'm not doing some of the same things I was doing 20 years ago. I would have no worries if he came back one day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.