Best Route To College Station???

bamafan2102

Scout Team
Jun 3, 2006
Gadsden
My wife and I are possibly going to make the trek to the ballgame this weekend. I know there are quite a few ways to get there but which is the best? We will be leaving from Gadsden. Should we take 20 to Dallas then south, 59 towards Baton Rouge or go through Alexandria? We are planning on leaving Friday evening and going as far as I can drive, then finishing up Saturday morning, then heading back and going as far as I can and finishing up Sunday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I would take 20 into east Texas around Marshall or Tyler and then cut down from there. That is the way we have done it a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100ProofBowtie

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2011
Fastest way is to take I-20 W into Louisiana then take the Carthage, TX exit right before the Texas border. From there, you will take 79 to 59 S, then in Lufkin you will take the Crockett Exit (Hwy 7 I believe). When you get to Crockett, take Hwy 21 all the way to Bryan, TX.

Bryan and College Station are twin cities so you are basically there.

bamafan2102

Scout Team
Jun 3, 2006
Gadsden
So we have confirmed we are going. What are the opinions on where to stay? I am looking at Houston area hotels and they are actually reasonable on price. There are a few in College Station but I am not paying 250-250-300 a night. We have decided to leave Friday afternoon and stay after the game as well. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

tidegrandpa

All-American
So we have confirmed we are going. What are the opinions on where to stay? I am looking at Houston area hotels and they are actually reasonable on price. There are a few in College Station but I am not paying 250-250-300 a night. We have decided to leave Friday afternoon and stay after the game as well. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
If you haven't already, check Conroe, Tx on 45 north of Houston.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
My wife and I are possibly going to make the trek to the ballgame this weekend. I know there are quite a few ways to get there but which is the best? We will be leaving from Gadsden. Should we take 20 to Dallas then south, 59 towards Baton Rouge or go through Alexandria? We are planning on leaving Friday evening and going as far as I can drive, then finishing up Saturday morning, then heading back and going as far as I can and finishing up Sunday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have no suggestions, but props to you n your wife for making the trek.

Gotta love that spirit...

100ProofBowtie

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2011
Let me check with my wife, but id be willing to offer up our house in Magnolia, TX which is 63 miles SE of Kyle Field. We go up on Fridays to start Tailgating but we could make it work.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.