The penalty on 74 for unsportsmanlike conduct was instigated by...Bret Bielema.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
There's another video making the rounds where he gives Drake the shoulder out of bounds. Sorry if posted. He seems a bit out of control to me...
Him and Chris Christie would get a long fine, they are both big bullies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
No doubt Bieleman's actions are low class. I think he should be fined. But what is worse to me is that the refs fell for it. Officiating 101 - you call what you see, not what you think you saw. You have to see the cause, not the effect, when calling a penalty. Horrible officiating to get sucked into calling that.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
I actually thought while at the game, that the penalty would be for their guys leaving the bench. I thought several were on the field jawing at Cam.

Regardless it's low class, as were many of his actions that night and in general.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Bielema's the fattest soccer player I've ever seen.
Ronaldo's final years with Corinthians when he was called Gornaldo were close.

I think a good rebuke Coach Bielema would be for SEC refs to throw a flag on him EVERYTIME steps over the sideline for the rest of the year or until such time as he is no longer a dirty perkasharken fatta flappen porten fillabuken borten purkalumen burten dursten firstantan ....

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If not for that video it would have been hard to believe that happened. If a player told reporters that happened they would have said he is making excuses. Maybe just maybe there is something to the conspiracy theory of the refs have it in for Alabama right now. TBD.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Didn't we also get a sideline warning in this game too?

That officiating was horrible on Saturday.
The group I was watching the game with kept talking about how we'd never noticed that head referee before. After what appeared to us to be a bad call, someone quipped, "Maybe this is why we've never seen him as a referee before."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If not for that video it would have been hard to believe that happened. If a player told reporters that happened they would have said he is making excuses. Maybe just maybe there is something to the conspiracy theory of the refs have it in for Alabama right now. TBD.
Saban went down on them hard behind the scenes after the Ole Miss game and I think their response was to break one off on us the rest of the season.

Don't tell refs to do their dang job because they'll do a dang job on you alright.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here is another angle, which shows that Cam did shove a Hog player first. It does show Bielema's shove on Cam clearly. It stops, maybe intentionally, since the tweeter's pushing his own agenda, before BB's little victory dance...

LINK

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No doubt Bieleman's actions are low class. I think he should be fined. But what is worse to me is that the refs fell for it. Officiating 101 - you call what you see, not what you think you saw. You have to see the cause, not the effect, when calling a penalty. Horrible officiating to get sucked into calling that.
This should come as no surprise.

RTR!!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The group I was watching the game with kept talking about how we'd never noticed that head referee before. After what appeared to us to be a bad call, someone quipped, "Maybe this is why we've never seen him as a referee before."
He officiated the TAMU - Mississippi State game last year.

Here is another angle, which shows that Cam did shove a Hog player first. It does show Bielema's shove on Cam clearly. It stops, maybe intentionally, since the tweeter's pushing his own agenda, before BB's little victory dance...

LINK
That video shows the beginning of Bert's flop after he went out of his way to go towards Cam, who does appear to push his arm out of the way.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Saban went down on them hard behind the scenes after the Ole Miss game and I think their response was to break one off on us the rest of the season.

Don't tell refs to do their dang job because they'll do a dang job on you alright.
Thats happens all the way down to peanut baseball. I have to tell the parents please don't get on the refs (lol it never works) because you will make it harder on your team. Coach Saban had to say something. That non calle likely cost us that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.