The penalty on 74 for unsportsmanlike conduct was instigated by...Bret Bielema.

Ace14bama

Nov 15, 2014
There's another video making the rounds where he gives Drake the shoulder out of bounds. Sorry if posted. He seems a bit out of control to me...
And this might be the bigger issue to me, personally. I saw this live and it looked much worse and obvious live and with better picture quality. As soon as I saw it, I knew immediately that it was intentional. I couldn't believe that Drake didn't have a reaction at the time.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: The Bret Bielema Flop?

I saw it when it happened. I think before the clip, there was an Arkansas asst who shoved Cam and then Bielema runs over and flops. I thought they were calling the penalty on their bench and I went nuts when they called it on Cam. No way they score a TD without the penalty.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I don't think Les is that despicable.
I don't either, but I have never agreed with the way that he handles player discipline. His players have done things that would have them tossed from many other top programs. Somehow he finds reasons to keep them around. And the whole story about letting the players decide these things - who does that?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I don't either, but I have never agreed with the way that he handles player discipline. His players have done things that would have them tossed from many other top programs. Somehow he finds reasons to keep them around. And the whole story about letting the players decide these things - who does that?
Coach Meyer has a similar style with discipline in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Why do you hate democracy?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

FIFY - He has shown none of that at OSU. In fact, he is one of the quickest to suspend players now.
Florida fans were quick to defend his stuff while he was coaching there too. After all the bad publicity Urban got for pampering thugs while at Florida, I think he realized he couldn't keep getting away with looking the other way, so yes, it seems he has cleaned up his act a little.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Okay! I'm still mad a day after seeing this! What's Right is Right! And what's WRONG is WRONG and THAT was WRONG! Seeing the Hog fans justification for his actions is plain ridiculous! What if Coach Saban had done this to an ArKansas player?

What is going to be done to THAT Coach at ArKansas? By the A.D. at ArKansas? By the new SEC Commissioner?

Guys, I'm willing to wait as long as Adlai Stevenson did in the early 1960"s to get an answer from the Soviets! How long was that? "Until _ _ _ _ freezes over". I'm still waiting!

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

This whole thing is a mountain out of a molehill. Its seems pretty clear that Cam did shove an Ark. player, so the penalty ultimately was fair. However:

I reminded him of the need for head coaches to resolve with their own players issues that may arise, which was his intent
... that's a bunch of nonsense. If it were Bert's intent to get his own players under control, why the out-of-control happy jig once the yellow flag dropped?

Yet another reason why I prefer having a cold-blooded coach on the sidelines rather than a rah-rah Bert/Dabo type who let emotions get the best of them.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'd remind people that the flag wasn't reached for until after the Bielema flop. Sankey is full of crap and basically just punting on handing out any punishment to a coach for his refs being idiots.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Sankey is saying believe what I am telling you, not what the video clearly shows! Bielema is pathetic.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.