The penalty on 74 for unsportsmanlike conduct was instigated by...Bret Bielema.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Bielema won 3 Big 10 championships.

He only has 3 SEC wins.

Why was he even on the field after that play? It didn't look like the players were tangled up. It was definitely orchestrated. I'd be curious to know if he's ever done that before. I bet he has.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think that I have ever even heard of something like that from a head coach at this level. Total lack of self control.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
And I thought he was a goober for calling timeout at the end of the game when it wouldn't save any clock time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I think something should be done by the SEC about this. No coach should be allowed to shove a player (unless he is trying to break up a brawl) and he clearly shoved our player. Total JERK. He used to run his mouth at Wisconsin about the SEC and then as soon as he comes here he starts running his mouth about the B10. Total JERK.

Yes, he is my most hated SEC coach just because he is a JERK.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't think I've ever seen such a move from an SEC coach.

I'd suggest any coach that is desperate enough to pull that has numbered days left in the SEC.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
The Bret Bielema Flop?

Saturday Down South:

Bret Bielema appeared to go after Crimson Tide offensive lineman Cam Robinson after a whistle near the Arkansas sideline, attempting to come between a potential melee between Razorbacks freshman pass rusher Hjalte Froholdt and the Tide’s star tackle.
Robinson doesn’t touch Bielema, but the Razorbacks coach intentionally falls backward, causing an unsportsmanlike foul penalty against the Alabama blocker.
It was the greatest flop of the season thus far:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ar...-alabama-personal-foul-called-tide-ol-result/

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I've said it before and I will say it again, Bielma was an awful hire by Arkansas. I was shocked when they announced that he was the new coach. They may stick with him for 1 more year but I don't see him lasting much longer in the SEC. He does not help his team in the long term by pulling stunts like that.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: The Bret Bielema Flop?

That is really juvenile, bush league behaviour for a head coach.

P.S. Fake punt on 4th and 1 against this Alabama defense? Really, Bert? What were you thinking?

Your judgment is seriously lacking.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I was wondering what Cam got called for. Watching the game he's on the turf, then he's jogging back and they're announcing the foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.