The penalty on 74 for unsportsmanlike conduct was instigated by...Bret Bielema.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: The Bret Bielema Flop?

I'd remind people that the flag wasn't reached for until after the Bielema flop. Sankey is full of crap and basically just punting on handing out any punishment to a coach for his refs being idiots.
Sankey likely realized Bama's AD will not offer any pushback on this crap. After all, Bill Battle is one of the few Bama fans on this planet who thinks Roy Kramer did a good job.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Sankey is just covering up what the whole country knows happened. He would have been better off just saying it is an internal matter that we will not comment on. Every word in his statement just screams "I just want to go back to the golf course and hope this idiot gets fired soon"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I'd remind people that the flag wasn't reached for until after the Bielema flop. Sankey is full of crap and basically just punting on handing out any punishment to a coach for his refs being idiots.
not only that, you can see bielema turn his head and say something to the ref immediately after his flop and immediately after that is when the ref grabs the flag.

at least in my mind, the best possible interpretation from this incident is that bielema was goading an opposing player into reacting then telling the ref "see!".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Sankey likely realized Bama's AD will not offer any pushback on this crap. After all, Bill Battle is one of the few Bama fans on this planet who thinks Roy Kramer did a good job.
i would imagine saban won't spend any time worrying about it and they probably realize that as well.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey on the incident:

Has Roy Kramer been reincarnated into Greg Sankey? Now, when will all SEC teams have a BYE week before playing Alabama.

Sankey's statement is/was B.S.

Question: Was the wrong person hired as SEC Commissioner? Let's have a Press Conference so that questions can be asked!

coach Bielema should be accountable for HIS players, NOT an opponents. What does that mean "resolve their own players issues"? It didn't look like Bielema's aggressiveness had that intent! That was like the Soviet aggression that I previously mentioned. Are you BLIND Greg Sankey? I haven't heard from that Holier than Thou A. D. from ArKansas yet with all that INTEGRITY that he's supposed to have.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

What we need to do next year is run a sweep right at their sideline pulling both guards and leading with a fullback. String it out as much as possible and run right over him. That might shut him up.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

What we need to do next year is run a sweep right at their sideline pulling both guards and leading with a fullback. String it out as much as possible and run right over him. That might shut him up.
By "him" do you mean Bert or Sankey? I'd vote for both. Total whitewash by the SEC Office. Gutless wonders.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

What's crazy as the dude that posted that on twitter I played ball against and he coached at my alma mater.....lol

As for CBB, that was absolutely low class or pitiful behavior for a coach. I can understand griping in their ear to get a call but you NEVER get out there and instigate the call yourself and even play a part in the call itself. What if Cam was suspended or tossed from the game? That's as low down as it gets.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bret Bielema says he was pushed in incident during Alabama game, did not instigate

Bielema's answer to the question from his Tuesday news conference via the video posted to arkansasonline.com:

"There was no intent on mine. Here's what happened, you're out on the field, there's a situation that happened when we get a turnover. A couple plays before that there was a little situation and some feistiness and I said to the officials, 'Hey, you should throw a flag and get this calmed down a little bit because guys were getting chippy' It was a big game. What happened is they came over to the sideline and 74 (Robinson) was in a tussle with (an Arkansas player) and they kinda got flipped out of bounds.

"I kinda knew, just as a coach, you feel these things coming and so one of the things I learned early on with coach (Hayden) Fry was when you're stepping in between players, especially if you have a game-like situation, to put your face to your players because it comes across as confrontational. So I jumped in front. ... I knew my players weren't going to touch me, I knew that.

"So I kinda jumped in front and then there's a lot of things going on. I know I got pushed out. I don't know if whatever happened, but I turned around and that's when I saw the flag and knew something happened. But the league told me it was more off of the action towards other players rather than anything directed towards my actions or him pushing me into my actions, or whatever it was."

Bielema laughed at the characterization of being an instigator in the incident.

"I'm not that quick," he told reporters in Fayetteville.

And the celebration dance?

"I probably to that 10 times a game when good things happen," Bielema said. That was a good thing. We had an interception that gave us the ball in their red zone, a chance to score. I would do that same dance if we did the same thing tomorrow. It wasn't a reaction to the penalty. It was more of a reaction to we just intercepted a pass ..."

Bielema also said they were looking into the origin of the video that surfaced Sunday evening. He said there was a concern about cameras on their sideline recording signals and other sensitive communications.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.