Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Re: Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

If you play to your offensive strength and their defensive weakness, you will run them completely out of their own stadium. The problem - I am not sure that Kiffin is capable of calling this kind of game. If you throw more than 15 times in this game, it will be a crime.

I'll assume that Saban demands a run heavy offense this week.

Alabama 42 - aTm 17
I pray you're right!

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

Crisco Kid is bragging on Texags.com about stirring the pot here. Definitely, a troll.
Okay; I'm dumb enough to stand up for the TexAgs visitor. Here's the TexAgs thread. Nowhere in it do I see FriscoKid saying anything one could interpret to mean that he's coming here to stir the pot.

BamaGunner, If you have proof to the contrary, please enlighten us...

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Bama 27
aTm 16

The over-under is something like 50 or more. I don't think it will be quite that much. aTm won't score quite as much and neither will Bama but I believe we will win by 10 or so. It won't be like last year's game but we should still win it handily.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I just watched the Alabama/Arkansas game again with my focus only on your o-line. When you spread them out and ran at them, you killed them. The only time that Arkansas was able to bottle up your o-line on running plays was when you pulled everyone in and only had one or two receivers out wide, and even then you found success on most plays.

Also, #74 played well for most of the game. He started out very strong and played very well when asked to run block. He did struggle with the speed rush as the game wore on, and Coker was hit too many times off of that edge. Cam owes Coker a six pack for all of the hits that he took because of his sloppy play in the middle of that game. I mean, Coker was laid out about 5 or 6 times, including on the long TD pass to Ridley. If #74 isn't ready to play at full speed on Saturday, Coker is going to have to get rid of the ball a lot faster. Rolling right or left won't work against aTm as they have speed off of both edges.

Still, having watched the game again I am even more confident that you guys will be able to run all over the Aggies.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

I just watched the Alabama/Arkansas game again with my focus only on your o-line. When you spread them out and ran at them, you killed them. The only time that Arkansas was able to bottle up your o-line on running plays was when you pulled everyone in and only had one or two receivers out wide, and even then you found success on most plays.

Also, #74 played well for most of the game. He started out very strong and played very well when asked to run block. He did struggle with the speed rush as the game wore on, and Coker was hit too many times off of that edge. Cam owes Coker a six pack for all of the hits that he took because of his sloppy play in the middle of that game. I mean, Coker was laid out about 5 or 6 times, including on the long TD pass to Ridley. If #74 isn't ready to play at full speed on Saturday, Coker is going to have to get rid of the ball a lot faster. Rolling right or left won't work against aTm as they have speed off of both edges.

Still, having watched the game again I am even more confident that you guys will be able to run all over the Aggies.
I think they'll be chipping Garrett the DE with a back for help.
I think the best bet is straight ahead trying to wear them down for the late 3rd and 4th Qtr.
Play action to CR & AS when they start to cheat up in the box...
WR bubble screens might work, but Coker will have to get rid of the ball a lot faster than what he has shown so far...
As for slants I can only remember two so far and one of those he double-clutched on...

22Musso22

Alabama 59
Texas A&M 0

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I said if we somehow stop your running game we win easily. And I stand by that statement. But, I never said what "win easily" meant. But, I would say we win by more than a TD. I don't really think we can stop the run because we have not been able to do it this year, but I don't think you are going to beat us through the air. Our DEs are maybe the best in the nation and we will apply pressure to any Bama passing attack. That's where Arkansas struggled against us too.
"Smack" is beating your chest generally and saying, for example, that you have the best DEs in the country. Save that for your own board. You're gone...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This is a HARD game for me to pick.

When I look at the BAMA O VS Aggie D, BAMA SHOULD be able to run on the Aggies and slow down the game. SHOULD. Is the key word.... Do we have the online that was dominant vs Wiscy and UGA or, does the line that looked average at best show up on Saturday? If we can run the ball it opens up the play action passing game and I see is putting up 35+ points.

If the line that struggled in the 1st half with Arky and La Monroe, they put 8 in the box, dare us to throw and we get Coker killed with the Aggie ends in addition to forced throws and turnovers. In that scenario, we struggle to score 20.

Looking at the Aggie O vs the BAMA D.... The Aggies won't be able to run between the tackles and Allen is not the threat to run that Manziel was. Therefore, any success they have running will be the wide zone read plays, jet sweeps, outside toss etc. Ole Miss had some success with that so, I can see the Aggies having enough success to force us to bring up a safety in support. If we are forced to have more 1:1 outside, that can be an issue as tackling in space is something MH has struggled with at times. If that happens, the Aggies can get 2 or 3 big explosive plays allowing them to score in the 30's.

On the flip side, if we can completely shut down the run and force them to drop back and throw 40+ times I believe we can force them into some mistakes......

Then we have the Coach Chavis factor. He knows how to be a thorn in our side.

Until we show we can tackle in space consistently, especially MH AND the O line shows the UGA and Wiscy games are the norm, not outliers, I hate to say I see aTm 31-BAMA 27. I wouldn't be suprised if BAMA won, just not confident enough to pick them! (Especially with the fact AG cannot be counted on for a FG longer than 30-35 yards.)

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

aTm has a formidable offense.

Yet I'm more anxious about our offense than our defense in this game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Until we show we can tackle in space consistently, especially MH AND the O line shows the UGA and Wiscy games are the norm, not outliers, I hate to say I see aTm 31-BAMA 27. I wouldn't be suprised if BAMA won, just not confident enough to pick them! (Especially with the fact AG cannot be counted on for a FG longer than 30-35 yards.)
Glass is half-empty? Have a shot:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Short of a complete offensive meltdown, this will be A&M's toughest game by far and the most frustrating for their offense. Any Aggie fan expecting a scoring fest hasn't watched Alabama play or doesn't understand basic football principles.

Hopefully our offense has had its one meltdown of the year.

Alabama - 31
Texas A&M - 17

Last edited:

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
Our defense plays their best game so far and puts on a clinic for AM. We'll hear the typical excuses after the game about how they played their poorest game and couldn't get anything working. Our offense plays a good game. Final score is 32-6 the good guys win.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Our pass blocking has been very spotty, and the Ags can get after the QB. Their offense can be explosive and our secondary is improving but still a bit green. Kirk for them is a terror and they are at home.

Ags 28
Bama 24

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Our pass blocking has been very spotty, and the Ags can get after the QB. Their offense can be explosive and our secondary is improving but still a bit green. Kirk for them is a terror and they are at home.

Ags 28
Bama 24
While I agree our pass blocking has been very spotty, I just don't see aTm's defense ever stopping our run game.

Bama 38
aTm 28

No huddle gives us fits as usual. We go down early and pull away late. But we do seem to play better away from home so that is good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.