Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Re: Pick the score: Texas A&M vs. Alabama

I said we would struggle against the Hogs and we did. I think that we will have a better game against a talented Aggie team. We will score better on them and the defense (while not shutting them completely down will limit them.

Crimson Tide: 31

Aggies: 20

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Calm analysis is welcome - relative strengths/weaknesses of the two teams. However, it is a Bama board, so some optimism is to be expected, just as in TexAgs, where Frisco makes his home. However, I think he missed that little paragraph in the policies about smack talk somehow, and that's about all he's done. Don't feed trolls...

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al

Calm analysis is welcome - relative strengths/weaknesses of the two teams. However, it is a Bama board, so some optimism is to be expected, just as in TexAgs, where Frisco makes his home. However, I think he missed that little paragraph in the policies about smack talk somehow, and that's about all he's done. Don't feed trolls...
Crisco Kid is bragging on Texags.com about stirring the pot here. Definitely, a troll.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Crisco Kid is bragging on Texags.com about stirring the pot here. Definitely, a troll.
I've seen that, but thanks. If his next post doesn't add something of substance about the game other than chest-thumping, I'll silence him. BTW, there's a helluva a lot more chest-thumping going on that board than here. They remind me a bit of the UT boards over there before they got humbled. Maybe it's just in the Tejas dirt - big headware, not much bos...

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al

I've seen that, but thanks. If his next post doesn't add something of substance about the game other than chest-thumping, I'll silence him. BTW, there's a helluva a lot more chest-thumping going on that board than here. They remind me a bit of the UT boards over there before they got humbled. Maybe it's just in the Tejas dirt - big headware, not much bos...
Some Aggie fans bashing Bear Bryant and Gene Stallings on some of their boards also...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Some Aggie fans bashing Bear Bryant and Gene Stallings on some of their boards also...

Moved to Texas, to get away from API fans. Just ended up trading them for aTm, Bevo U, and Zero U fans. Now, TCU and BU fans, as well.

Welcome to my world.

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL

I have never understood the point of talking smack. You win one year and so you talk smack. The next year the other wins, and so now they can talk smack. Is this not silly? Unless two programs are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum, it's completely natural for teams to alternate wins and losses during the course of a few years.

I liken it to the sun talking smack to the moon during the day. "Look at me, I'm shining!" But then come 8 or 9 pm at night...

The law of averages is going to yield every team of equal talent, more or less, a victory and/or loss here and there.

What happens if A&M wins this year and Bama the next? Do you not see the childishness in talking smack for 365 days, only to be possibly put to silence the next day? So why talk smack when its perfectly natural for teams to alternate wins and losses?

That's how I look at it anyway.

FriscoKid

Suspended
Jul 15, 2014
I think the "smack talk" is the part where you said you guys would "win easily" .. we have not been beaten by more than 14 points since 2007.
I said if we somehow stop your running game we win easily. And I stand by that statement. But, I never said what "win easily" meant. But, I would say we win by more than a TD. I don't really think we can stop the run because we have not been able to do it this year, but I don't think you are going to beat us through the air. Our DEs are maybe the best in the nation and we will apply pressure to any Bama passing attack. That's where Arkansas struggled against us too.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
I said if we somehow stop your running game we win easily. And I stand by that statement. But, I never said what "win easily" meant. But, I would say we win by more than a TD. I don't really think we can stop the run because we have not been able to do it this year, but I don't think you are going to beat us through the air. Our DEs are maybe the best in the nation and we will apply pressure to any Bama passing attack. That's where Arkansas struggled against us too.
Fair enough. You're not going to see Coker just drop straight back in the pocket tho, I can almost guarantee he'll be on the move when we do decide to throw.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Quote Originally Posted by FriscoKid View Post
Fair enough. You're not going to see Coker just drop straight back in the pocket tho, I can almost guarantee he'll be on the move when we do decide to throw.
Most of Coker's throws in this game I feel will be 'play action' the back/backs will chip block your end's, to allow an extra second or two...that's all Ridley or Stewart will need on post and even double move routes.
Mullaney & Howard will hold your LB's through the middle, with drag routes. Your 'D' is good but not there yet!
Your 'O' has been productive but still hasn't really been tested... The books in Vegas realize this.....

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
Wow, this is "smack talk"??? If you read TexAgs and what I wrote then you would have seen that I said that I respected most Bama fans. I had no intention of "stirring things up". If you don't want a respectful Aggie on your board then boot me off and I will lose a ton of respect for this board and so will the people on TexAgs.

Again if "You will probably be able to run for a bunch of yards, but your passing game will be limited by pressure on the ends." is talking smack then I am in the wrong place.
'You said it - Not us'

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
A&M's rush defense isn't ranked in the top 50
No turnovers, bama wins 38-10
For the ag fan on here - y'all ain't played a defense as good as bama's either. Bama has played an offense as good as yours and lost with 5 turnovers (by 6 points). 5 turnovers again, bama may lose again.
Outside of that, Allen is going to be looking out of that hole on the side of his helmet most of the day.

FriscoKid

Suspended
Jul 15, 2014
A&M's rush defense isn't ranked in the top 50
No turnovers, bama wins 38-10
For the ag fan on here - y'all ain't played a defense as good as bama's either. Bama has played an offense as good as yours and lost with 5 turnovers (by 6 points). 5 turnovers again, bama may lose again.
Outside of that, Allen is going to be looking out of that hole on the side of his helmet most of the day.
Kelly was 18/33 for 341 in that game. That's some pretty good yards per catch, but not really an explosive offensive performance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.