Florida loses Will Grier for at least this year

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just got in from a long morning and saw this.......unbelievable...what a incredibly stupid thing for Grier to do!

We still have a very good QB, thankfully, in Treon Harris so hopefully we will continue to compete at a high level.

I really feel bad for Coach Mac and the team.

Grier better get his act together....smh....

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
"Well, I was over at Harry's Hot Rod Shop, looking for some parts to restore a '392 Hemi, my dad is helping me with. And I saw this can, on an end cap display, that said something about 'male enhancement'. So, I thought that maybe it would help with my rehab. How was I supposed to know it had something that was banned? It was all just a bunch of Chinese herbs and roots and stuff, stuff that I never heard of, let alone being able to pronounce. How was I supposed to know?

Then some guys on the team told me 'male enhancement' was some kind of............uh, I forget what that big word is.....and that there was some kind of double meaning, to it. I think there were some French words in there. Not really sure. That isn't my major. So, maybe it was all some kind of joke that I didn't understand. And I forgot I was supposed to check with the medical staff. I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't really get the joke. I still don't.

So, from now on, I'm just gonna stick to buying car parts at that place. It really is a cool place to get parts for old cars.

Oh, and Coach Mac wants me to apologize to all the Gator Nation. I'm sorry. Really, I am sorry."

(Hope the folks at Harry's don't mind me using them in this parody. Hey, look at it as free advertising.)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
To kind of summarize/reiterate, based on what I know this had to have been a NCAA test since for instance with Honey Badger, he could fail multiple drug tests before the school finally decided to do something. It's at their discretion, and I don't see how Florida would decide on the one year ban.

As to any vacated wins, I can't imagine that happening outside of perhaps the game he was tested after (or if he played after the test). I don't think they have any way to presume he was using it earlier, I mean if you do that, you could potentially vacate four years with a player, so I don't see them going down that road.

Tough break for Florida, but it seems like this kid was doing a bit more than just accidentally taking the wrong thing one time.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
To kind of summarize/reiterate, based on what I know this had to have been a NCAA test since for instance with Honey Badger, he could fail multiple drug tests before the school finally decided to do something. It's at their discretion, and I don't see how Florida would decide on the one year ban.

As to any vacated wins, I can't imagine that happening outside of perhaps the game he was tested after (or if he played after the test). I don't think they have any way to presume he was using it earlier, I mean if you do that, you could potentially vacate four years with a player, so I don't see them going down that road.

Tough break for Florida, but it seems like this kid was doing a bit more than just accidentally taking the wrong thing one time.
Honey Badger wasn't taking PEDs though. He was doing the recreational stuff. NCAA probably wouldn't suspend him for a year on a dope test, but the PEDs they will. Basically the theory is that the benefit from the PED is long lasting and impacts results of games. THe impact of the recreational stuff doesn't make you better at football...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Honey Badger wasn't taking PEDs though. He was doing the recreational stuff. NCAA probably wouldn't suspend him for a year on a dope test, but the PEDs they will. Basically the theory is that the benefit from the PED is long lasting and impacts results of games. THe impact of the recreational stuff doesn't make you better at football...
I wasn't arguing for the same punishment, but for instance I've never, not once ever heard of a school suspending a player for PEDs based on their own tests. You have to believe they can screen for that, so either they look the other way or handle it internally (I don't think anyone school would want to reveal a player had been cheating). The NCAA has an entirely different approach to their drug tests though and that was the point I was trying to make.

I understand the impact of PEDs, but I also don't think they can do anything beyond games immediately surrounding his test results. Without other drug tests, they can't prove he was under the influence of PEDs the entire time and with all vacated wins and what not, it was generally built around determining the point in time in which the individual lost their amateur status. As with Alabama, it could be something petty like textbooks, but they need to be able to pinpoint a date to do that. I don't see how they could in this scenario since it's about what's in his body.

To give an example though, Oregon has a policy that allows for three failed drug tests (based on what I read) before a suspension. The NCAA however, suspended two Oregon players for the championship game last year, due to a failed test for marijuana. It's just an entirely different system with the schools being far more lax than the NCAA.

Last edited:

22Musso22

Wow! He sure was impressive against Ole Sis. I thought Florida finally had a QB.
Sucks for them and him.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
43 pounds of mass gained in one year isn't from some OTC supplement...
43 pounds in one year??? I'm not sure I've ever known of anyone gaining that much that fast, except for people with illnesses that required them to take....steroids.

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
Hearing Ligandrol was the supplement.
Not sure you can call this over the counter, maybe via the internet. It is basically a designer steroid or pro hormone as some people like to call them these days. It raised his testosterone levels enough for the second test, which can pinpoint exactly what he took. Funny thing is, most sites that sell these type of drugs make it plain as day you will fail a steroid test.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.