Apparently the Head Ball Coach is hanging up his whistle.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Don't take this wrong because I love CNS, but if we had gotten Spurrier, I would have loved the jabs he would have taken at the barn. It would have been priceless. Enjoy retirement Coach.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Spurrier won exactly the same number of SEC championships at USCe that Holtz did. Zero. I wish he had beaten auburn in 2010, but they got trucked.
I know. Holtz came of as a bitter old jerk when he made the comment. Basically saying that "Spurrier isn't better than me, thst place is too tough to win so he won't either." I wanted him to prove Holtz wrong so badly, that was a terrible comment to make to the fan base at USCe that supported Holtz so strongly.

As for Spurrier, I hated him with a passion at UF and loved him completely at USCe. He will be missed in this league and I really hope that ESPN throws him a pile of money to join the team. He would make Gameday worth watching again

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
between spurrier's retirement and the upcoming recruiting class, i think uga is about to start a dynasty
nah, power has already shifted back south when Mack beats the dogs with a backup QB that class unravels as the "Richt is gone" chatter will overcome any recruiting mojo that they have

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
nah, power has already shifted back south when Mack beats the dogs with a backup QB that class unravels as the "Richt is gone" chatter will overcome any recruiting mojo that they have
heh. there are some delusional uga fans that now think they will win out and get to the seccg because of the goings on at uf. as usual, there is a good bit of "the answer is just around the corner" reporting on next year's recruiting class, etc.

i ran into some friends last night that are uga folks and they were more adamant than i was about how lame richt and uga are. the husband was already skeptical to start the season, and i think the bama game broke the wife's will. the husband was laughing saying it would be their luck for richt to back into the seccg this season and keep his job

i think they drop the homecoming game to mizzou

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I have enjoyed watching him on the sidelines and press conference. He was a fireball. Happy retirement CSS.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
heh. there are some delusional uga fans that now think they will win out and get to the seccg because of the goings on at uf. as usual, there is a good bit of "the answer is just around the corner" reporting on next year's recruiting class, etc.
I guess the thUGA fans don't realize that Grier wasn't a part of UF's nasty defense...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I know. Holtz came of as a bitter old jerk when he made the comment. Basically saying that "Spurrier isn't better than me, thst place is too tough to win so he won't either." I wanted him to prove Holtz wrong so badly, that was a terrible comment to make to the fan base at USCe that supported Holtz so strongly.

As for Spurrier, I hated him with a passion at UF and loved him completely at USCe. He will be missed in this league and I really hope that ESPN throws him a pile of money to join the team. He would make Gameday worth watching again
HBC probably won't do it for money reasons, but agree that his presence might salvage that program.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I have never had an issue with him. I will miss his press conferences and sideline manner. He is and was good. I hope USCe gets a good coach and keeps the program running.
No doubt, if he had the athletes, he could have won the SEC East for the last few years. He was that good. Unfortunately, USCe could not attract enough quality players to make it happen. I guess the argument could be that the responsibility for recruiting top notch players falls on the coach, but it is tough for anyone accomplish at South Carolina. I never felt that the ole ball coach enjoyed recruiting anyway. While at Florida, he had enough quality in that state, so recruiting was an easy task. Regardless, he will always be remembered as one of the best in terms of what he accomplished at Florida.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I guess the thUGA fans don't realize that Grier wasn't a part of UF's nasty defense...
almost all of the uga fans that i know are somewhat rational and realize what is happening (again) and are just to the point they don't really care and are ready to move on (much like i was in 2006)

the delusional ones are those who think the next [recruiting class, herschel, facilities upgrade, coordinator] is going to put uga on the map, and those folks are getting fewer and farther between. the entire football program is a complete trainwreck from top to bottom. there is no part of their program that is good or that is trending that way. their o, d and special teams are getting worse week to week, same with the coaching. and it is obvious to anyone watching that richt just doesn't care

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I always liked him...I hate to see him go out as a quitter. Unless he has health issues or something similar, in my opinion he should have finished out the season. He could have announced he was stepping down at season's end...who knows, maybe the team would have rallied for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have not really looked into it, but I wonder how Dabo's success at Clemson has impacted USCe's recruiting.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I always liked him...I hate to see him go out as a quitter. Unless he has health issues or something similar, in my opinion he should have finished out the season. He could have announced he was stepping down at season's end...who knows, maybe the team would have rallied for him.
Only so long you can put up with players who won't "play" and compete, and who won't do what they are trained to do in practice. It is his fault he couldn't get enough of those that could (or would), though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.