2015-16 Coaching Carousel

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I don't think there is any way that Thug U will dig deep enough to pay Charlie's buyout. Now Texas might offer a Walmart "blue light discount" that could make it happen. But if that did happened, wouldn't the Canes feel like they were buying damaged goods?

Just thinking out loud here...
My understanding from an article I read is that, while all of his contract is guaranteed to him ($19M?) if he is fired, if he leaves, there is no buyout. (I wonder if Sexton is his agent...)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
George O'Leary resigns at UCF. IMO, UCF is a much better job now than Miami. Better facilities, bigger school and more resources. The only problem is it is in the AAC which gets little notoriety. My opinion again, but UCF would be a good HC job for Kirby to get valuable experience where he would not have to face SEC type competition and could build a program. Good location and fertile recruiting area.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
With all the upheaval this week, it seemed like a good time to get this going. I'm starting with one that probably slipped under the radar before the season even started. Feel free to mention any speculations or rumors.

ILLINOIS
Fired Tim Beckman on August 28 amid allegations of player mistreatment. Offensive coordinator Bill Cubit named interim coach.

NORTH TEXAS
Fired Dan McCarney on October 10 following 66-7 loss to FCS member Portland State. Offensive Coordinator Mike Canales and Defensive coordinator Chris Cosh named interim co-coaches.

Maryland
Fired Randy Edsall on October 11. Offensive coordinator Mike Locksley named interim coach.

USC
Fired Steve Sarkisian on October 12 after a number of alcohol related incidents. Offensive coordinator Clay Helton named interim coach.

SOUTH CAROLINA
Steve Spurrier retired on October 12. Offensive line coach Shawn Elliot named interim coach.

CENTRAL FLORIDA
George O'Leary resigned October 25 following an 0-8 start. Quarterbacks coach Danny Barrett named interim coach.

MIAMI (FL)
Al Golden fired October 25 after a 59-0 loss to Clemson. Tight ends coach Larry Scott named interim coach.
Is anyone thinking what could happen on the plains at the end of the season? Especially if the barn loses a couple more games and the possibility of losing four more games. Ol Miss, Tamu, Ga. and Bama. I think the folks at Aubrun are starting to see the writing on the wall, Muschamp is a good DC but not a miracle worker and Malzahns high school trick plays as well as his luck is running out. The barn would be an excellent job for Mark Stoops or CLK. Hopefully not on the CLK side of it, I would love to see CLK as our OC for as long as we have CNS, I would be satisfied with 10 more years though.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Unless they just get blown out by us and UGA, I don't see them dumping Gus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I look for UVA to make an announcement prior to the end of the season that they will not retain Mike London. Unfortunate because I like Mike London as a coach and a person. He just hasn't done the job there.

I can't recall a year when there have been this many resignations/firings in the mid season.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Is anyone thinking what could happen on the plains at the end of the season? Especially if the barn loses a couple more games and the possibility of losing four more games. Ol Miss, Tamu, Ga. and Bama. I think the folks at Aubrun are starting to see the writing on the wall, Muschamp is a good DC but not a miracle worker and Malzahns high school trick plays as well as his luck is running out. The barn would be an excellent job for Mark Stoops or CLK. Hopefully not on the CLK side of it, I would love to see CLK as our OC for as long as we have CNS, I would be satisfied with 10 more years though.
Does CLK = Lane Kiffin? Kiffin at Awbarn?! Can't imagine that happening.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think Lane Kiffin would be an excellent coach at the barn but really don't see that happening since he is still so fresh from Bama. I think Coach Saban is well satisfied with Coach Kiffins offensive play calling too.
I could see Miami making a serious play for Kiffin and Cristobal ASAP.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Based on the last two outings for UGA (UT) and TAMU (OM) neither may beat auburn. Ole Miss at auburn could be an upset since the black bears have been known to take the gas after a big win. I really don't think auburn unloads Gus even if he loses those 4 games; he will however be on a very short leash next year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Cutcliffe is 61, but they seem to like hiring old folks up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Has anyone given any thought to Mark Richt to Miami? He played there and it would fit the Urban Meyer model of getting the heck out of Dodge and going to a cupcake conference where winning comes much, much easier.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.