2015-16 Coaching Carousel

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
After three 1-11 season in a row Bob Davie was hired at N Mexico. His forth year and they are going bowling. N Mexico is one fo the arm pits of coaching, so if I wanted a new head coach cheap I think I would ask him. Are you listening Virginia Tech, Purdue and the other budget HC hunting schools.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Not that anyone will notice, but ISU canned their coach. Whoever he was.................
Paul Rhoads.

Funny that he was the DC at Auburn during Tubby's last year in 2008. When the Barn hired Chiz from ISU, they turned around and hired Rhoads as Head Coach. He lasted longer at ISU than Chiz did at the Barn.

Must not take their football seriously at ISU....

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Looks like Syracuse has fired its coach as well.

Scott Shafer was relieved of his duties as head coach of the football program, according to ESPN sources and media reports. The Orange have gone 6-17 in the last two seasons and are allowing 32.3 PPG this season. Sports Illustrated first reported the news. Shafer will coach the final game of the season against Boston College.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is getting big... I can see lot of turnovers on staff everywhere... Might affect the landscape once again for next year. Whats funny is... we might see more firing in next few weeks...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I can think of several, Purdue, Kansas, Oregon State, Virginia and lots more. I guess it depends on whether or not they want to go bowling or just show up to play.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
the fired/retired number may hit 30 before it is all said and done
let's not forget coaches leaving school for bigger jobs... I think when it's said and over.. we'll see Tom herman, Memphis coach, Hugh Freeze, Dan Mullen, Jimbo Fisher, Al Golden, all those big names.. ending up somewhere... and what's interesting is that I got a feeling we'll hire fired HC coach or assistants.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
LSU: Les Miles has been to two national title games. It’s not even clear he can coach on Saturdays. That’s the type of talent one finds in Louisiana.

[/B]Ranking the College Football jobs[/B]

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/13/college-football-job-rankings-2015/
And that`s precisely what should scare the bejesus out of the rest of the SEC IF they can get the right guy in there and hold onto him for a few years (see coach Nick Saban when he was there ). Talk about a slumbering giant!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I can think of several, Purdue, Kansas, Oregon State, Virginia and lots more. I guess it depends on whether or not they want to go bowling or just show up to play.
Seeing how things are shaping up, it might be a better idea for schools like those you mention to wait a year. They might actually get a better quality coach when they aren't having to compete with 15 other schools (not to mention the big time programs, like Bama, who will be looking for coordinators).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Seeing how things are shaping up, it might be a better idea for schools like those you mention to wait a year. They might actually get a better quality coach when they aren't having to compete with 15 other schools (not to mention the big time programs, like Bama, who will be looking for coordinators).
WEll... Whos gonna recuit? Whos gonna coach for the job knowing theyre going to be fired next year? Might as well do it now...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Of all the jobs that are likely to come open, the LSU job seems to be the most attractive. Here's a thought--would LSU make a run at Bob Stoops? Let's say OU makes the playoffs and gets knocked out, maybe he's ready for a change. A lot of the OU fanbase has been ready for him to leave for several years now. He's been in the SEC as an assistant and has beaten Saban(the 2014 "consolation' sugar bowl). Why not?

Dudeman

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2012
Do you guys think if Kirby Smart takes a HC position - Saban would go after Will Muschamp to replace Smart?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.