2015-16 Coaching Carousel

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
From coachingsearch.com:
Les Miles is expected to have a “special meeting” with players this afternoon, according to NOLA.com. Miles will hold his weekly press conference around lunchtime.

22Musso22

I have a solution to the Georgia and LSU coaching woes. Trade Les to Georgia for Mark Richt....:)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I've seen Rich Rod's name mentioned for the South Carolina job, too.
That was brought up by them, as well. They said RR wants back east for family reasons and VaTech, Maryland or South Carolina could be landing spots. Then they added that Coach Dana Holgersen wants the Miami job and would leave WVU to go there and RR could come in there, if that happens. Crazy stuff, but I never rule anything out when it comes to college football coaching changes.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Rich Rod is happy where he is and the Tucson community.
A buddy out there says the same, but he is more of a hoops guy, so he could be wrong.

Actually, he is usually wrong on hoops...............he is my "go to guy", when making bracket picks. But, that is another story for sometime next year.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Anyone keeping up with how many firings and resignations can be attributed to Coach Saban? A few years ago I was counting and it was something in the line of 5. Urban, Sylvester, Tommy, Phil, and one of the ol sis coaches maybe. Then add Les, Mark and Gus. Of them all I was happiest to see Phat Phil get his due.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
That was brought up by them, as well. They said RR wants back east for family reasons and VaTech, Maryland or South Carolina could be landing spots. Then they added that Coach Dana Holgersen wants the Miami job and would leave WVU to go there and RR could come in there, if that happens. Crazy stuff, but I never rule anything out when it comes to college football coaching changes.
Given some things that happened during RR's departure from WVU and subsequent transition to Michigan I'd be really shocked if the mountaineers even gave him the time of day much less take him back. I think that bridge has been burned.

PatternMatching

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2011
Fun? Yeah, if you mean reading and listening to a host of media types forecasting "X" coach to "Y" school and a bunch of fans pulling their hair out trying to think about whom to believe, then yeah, it's going to be "fun".
What isn't fun about that? You can always turn off ESPN or Finebaum. If it's anything like what we've been seeing from LSU fans (see tigerdroppings.net), I think it's going to be quite pleasant to be a Bama fan. To those fanbases, I can only say with polite courtesy:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Given Memphis' three game skid, I suspect he has had this in the works for some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Fun? Yeah, if you mean reading and listening to a host of media types forecasting "X" coach to "Y" school and a bunch of fans pulling their hair out trying to think about whom to believe, then yeah, it's going to be "fun".
That's very fun to me...so yeah, fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.