2015-16 Coaching Carousel

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Miami (FL): Mark Richt is meeting with athletic director Blake James today, according to the Miami Herald. The paper also notes that Dan Mullen was involved in the last search, but Miami wouldn’t pay enough money. Mullen currently makes more than $4 million, and ESPN reports Mullen has spoken with Miami officials within the last 24 hours.

Sounds like Cristbol is out because of the fact we're playing in championship this weekend...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Missouri: Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde reports Missouri AD Mack Rhoades has interviewed Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun, Utah State’s Matt Wells and Colorado State’s Mike Bobo in the Denver area, and Cal’s Sonny Dykes will interview on Tuesday. Current defensive coordinator Barry Odom remains in the mix.

Now, that will be extremely interesting to watch. Matt Wells could make some noise with Missouri...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Miami (FL): Mark Richt is meeting with athletic director Blake James today, according to the Miami Herald. The paper also notes that Dan Mullen was involved in the last search, but Miami wouldn’t pay enough money. Mullen currently makes more than $4 million, and ESPN reports Mullen has spoken with Miami officials within the last 24 hours.

Sounds like Cristbol is out because of the fact we're playing in championship this weekend...

I doubt it has anything to do with playing in the SEC CG or potentially in the playoffs.

Mario is probably just a fall back for Miami if they can not get an already or previously established HC (Richt), somewhat successful current head coach (Mullen, etc.) or a retread hire in Butch Davis, Dennis Erickson, Jimmy Johnson, Larry Coker or Howard S. or bring them all back as DC/OC/HC/STC/AD (LOL).

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Very busy "moving day" for college football coaches. Try to keep in mind that a whole lot of people are put out of work with each head coach fired, many of whom will never get another chance at a job at the level that they are currently at. This is a vicious career with a lot of casualties.

The holiday season can be a dark period for families of coaches.
In three years, the average BCS coach will make more money than 95% of the people in this country will make in their lifetimes. If someone offered me a gig where they paid me $10M over three years and then told me I would be terminated, I would take it in a heartbeat. When the three years elapsed I would stroll off to the lake house with a song in my heart and a very large retirement fund. I have no sympathy for these folks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In three years, the average BCS coach will make more money than 95% of the people in this country will make in their lifetimes. If someone offered me a gig where they paid me $10M over three years and then told me I would be terminated, I would take it in a heartbeat. When the three years elapsed I would stroll off to the lake house with a song in my heart and a very large retirement fund. I have no sympathy for these folks.
You guys seem to have little understanding of how many people lose their jobs when a head coach is fired. Dozens of people at every school are effected, most of whom make a normal salary.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I doubt it has anything to do with playing in the SEC CG or potentially in the playoffs.

Mario is probably just a fall back for Miami if they can not get an already or previously established HC (Richt), somewhat successful current head coach (Mullen, etc.) or a retread hire in Butch Davis, Dennis Erickson, Jimmy Johnson, Larry Coker or Howard S. or bring them all back as DC/OC/HC/STC/AD (LOL).
Several people on twitter have stated that Cristbol would've got the interview if Bama wasn't playing this weekend.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Several people on twitter have stated that Cristbol would've got the interview if Bama wasn't playing this weekend.
There are other ways around those type things and other ways to interview someone IF you are seriously interested in that person.

Maybe it was Mario that said, no I cant until after Saturday night, or maybe Miami didn't want to wait....or maybe neither or one of the other was not seriously interested.

I still think Mario is their fall back plan if none of the other HCs work out.....

I personally would rather have Mario stay on board for recruiting, especially if Kirby is gone.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
You have to think the Miami job is Richt's if he wants it. Him traveling to Miami to interview is telling IMO.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
From CoachingSearch.com: South Carolina: The school has expressed interest in Oklahoma offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Lincoln Riley, according to ESPN’s Chris Low

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think Richt could do well at UVA, since it seems MD is going a different direction.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Hate I missed the joke.

I won't include it in the main list because it is an FCS school, but Watson Brown, brother of Mac, has announced he is retiring from Tennessee Tech.

He was formerly the head coach at UAB and other crappy programs and had crappy results. I never understood how he kept getting head coaching jobs. He holds the record for most career losses as a college head football coach. I guess Colt getting hurt had implications further than we imagined.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2015/12/02/report-watson-brown-tech/76668686/

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.