News Article: Cole Cubelic: Cam Robinson "Doesn't Look Right"

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

Cole Cubelic, a former offensive lineman at Auburn and a current analyst and color commentator for the SEC Network, said Robinson looks like he's playing through pain. "I don't see a guy that looks right, so to speak," Cubelic said. "Some of what I'm seeing with him is the understanding of what's supposed to happen is all there. It's almost like his body isn't operating with his brain.

"I really do see him favoring a leg, and it's pretty apparent to me when I go back and study that that's happening. It almost gives the appearance that he's trying to protect one part of his lower body. It's causing him to be off balance, and it's causing him to lose a lot of power.

"He is having some issues in the lower body with the pass protection.You can't play straight legged. You can't with one leg straight and you can't with both let straight." Robinson has been susceptible to the speed rush this season and has committed an uncharacteristic amount of penalties. This after a stellar 2014 season in which he was a named a Freshman All-American.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
is this something it can be healed with a rest? I would think If we're up early in 3rd quarter, we would sit him and try not to play him as much we can against tenessee.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I didn't think this was a big secret. I think Coach Saban even said that Cam was limited last week in practice. Don't know why I thought it was a leg injury, but I had that impression and that he was less than 100%. Earle is well-connected and he says shoulder, too. Feel for the big guy. We are due for a break and will be overdue by Saturday night.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I've noticed that Cam has drawn an unusual amount of penalties for someone of his ability. It makes sense that he has some sort of injury.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
He's playing injured and not getting many practice reps during the week because of said injuries. I'm sure he's doing the best he can..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.