Adhesive Capsulitis

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
I've been dealing with this for the past 7 months. Just recently had surgery, a week ago today, and it honestly doesn't seem like it's gotten any better. Started back PT today and I'm in as much if not more pain than when I was first diagnosed. Has anyone had this an if so could you please share. I'm looking for a timetable based on past experiences. Thanks!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My wife dealt with this after a car accident. She was not a candidate for surgery. All the physical therapy did was make her pain worse. About 2 years after she stopped the PT, the pain just went away. Weird, but apparently not uncommon.

Good luck.

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
I experienced this when I was around 40ish (and I'm early 50s now!). I only had a couple of months of PT -- very painful! No surgery. I did struggle with sleep -- pretty painful just to lay down in bed, so I used prescribed meds for sleeping during the initial, most painful months.

I did continue PT on my own -- primarily using a pulley contraption that hangs over the door, I sat in a chair with my back to the door, then I used dangling handles to do alternate pull-downs with each arm. (Search for something like "overdoor shoulder pulley" and you should see plenty of options.) Just holding the handle and pulling down pulls-up the adhered shoulder, so it's pretty effective. After a year or so, the pain went away and within 3 years I regained (and still have) near 100% of my original range of motion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.