Breakdown of Bama Offensive Line this season

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Does no one pressure us up the middle of is Kelly that much of a beast? Is Cam having a sophomore slump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Well, that's interesting. Thanks. So fair to say Tackles are the issues (relatively speaking) in our O line play? Not too encouraging with A&M's strength being pass rushing DEs.

It's discussed in another thread, but my guess is that Cam is less than 100% due to injury, maybe a decent amount less, but still better than the alternative. Oh, and 15 of those yards on Cam are total BS.

Wonder if there is a similar chart on Run Blocking. I may look around.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How many of those came in the last game? I just watched the game again and saw Coker hit 5 or 6 times. I know that he was hit a number of times in the Ole Miss game, too.

Not sure if I believe the "hits" column. Seems light to me.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
How many of those came in the last game? I just watched the game again and saw Coker hit 5 or 6 times. I know that he was hit a number of times in the Ole Miss game, too.

Not sure if I believe the "hits" column. Seems light to me.
It does seem to under report given my recollection of the MTSU, Ole Miss and ARky games.

I wonder how hurries, hits and sacks are assigned given the combos in zone blocking schemes?

I'm not sure individual stats on OLs are all that useful anyway given how important it is for them to function as a single unit.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
There's an article in the Latest Bama News thread that talks about Cam looking like he's playing through pain. FWIW, the article also mentioned that he didn't practice the week of the Arkansas game even though he played the whole game. Whatever it is, I sure hope he can work through it and get healthy-- the guy is a beast when he's at 100%.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw that earlier and don't believe it. The only hit attributed to Ryan Kelly would be the one Coker took on the INT against Ole Miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
stats by blind people. sure, cam and Dominick are having some problems, and I believe the lack of tight end blocking support is a problem with this team. as far as Kelley getting a pass I can only believe what I watched in the miss and arks game. he was beat several times one on one, when coker dropped back to a medium or deep ball.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I only know this, our OL has not protected the QB this year like they should and agree the Kelly stat is way off. I am very hopeful and confident it's going to improve, but if not we've got trouble.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Pass blocking has been sub-par in almost every game. Garrett and company have the potential to make this a very long day.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I know Kelly has been flagged at least 2 times this year, because I couldn't believe it either time. I think he had at lest 1 motion penalty against OM.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Run right at those guys. Only real way to slow down the rush with play action. Well, that and draws.
A draw? What's a "draw"? Don't think bama has run one of those in years! Would love to see fRan's one possitive play find it's way back into the playbook. That "sprint draw" was a killer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
A draw? What's a "draw"? Don't think bama has run one of those in years! Would love to see fRan's one possitive play find it's way back into the playbook. That "sprint draw" was a killer.
Right. Didn`t say we would run a draw, just that it`s a staple for slowing down a DL that`s trying to blow into the backfield in obvious passing situations. Might be a nice wrinkle this weekend.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
O-line has been a weak point since Christobal arrived. We are not good at run blocking which I thought would be our strength this year. Kelly has been abused by just about any NG he has played against this year. Our pass blocking is pretty good according to the stats, but the Qb's have been hurried on many of our attempts causing in some cases turnovers. We'll need our A-game this week to win. We need to run the ball consistently to control the clock. We've won 5 games, but our offense has not been consistent all year in dominating the line of scrimmage in the SEC.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
O-line has been a weak point since Christobal arrived. We are not good at run blocking which I thought would be our strength this year. Kelly has been abused by just about any NG he has played against this year. Our pass blocking is pretty good according to the stats, but the Qb's have been hurried on many of our attempts causing in some cases turnovers. We'll need our A-game this week to win. We need to run the ball consistently to control the clock. We've won 5 games, but our offense has not been consistent all year in dominating the line of scrimmage in the SEC.
We've certainly not been the same since the monsters we had in 2012. At first I thought it was due to recruiting as when Christobal came in he didn't have a lot to work with, and to some degree I think that is still the case. Even now we are starting a ton of year one and two players. That said, I'd have expected better results than we've had even with the younger guys in the game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not sure how accurate the hits/hurries is but if they are accurate Dom Jackson has done very well after the Midd Tenn game. He had all those hurries in that game. I did notice he played well on protection against Ark.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.