Woodlawn Movie

BamaCurt

Scout Team
Jul 3, 2000
If anyone goes and sees the new Woodlawn movie, please post your thoughts.

It sounds like it was very well done. I usually wait to see people's responses before fighting a crowd:smile:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
We're planning on going. I'm not one to brave opening weekend crowds but like you, I've heard it was very well done.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Just got back, cool movie. As a kid growing up a Bama fan in late 70s my two favorite players were Tony Nathan & Jeff Rutledge, so it was interesting seeing the story of their HS days. I thought Voight played a nice Bear.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Just saw the movie and Caleb Castille & Blake Burgess were amazing.

Whole family enjoyed the movie, now I'm wondering what really happened and what was "Hollywood" :)

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Whole family enjoyed the movie, now I'm wondering what really happened and what was "Hollywood" :)
I thought Castille and Voight gave best performances, though it was well-acted by all. A cut above some of the other faith-based movies in terms of acting and production quality, and a great story. If you were a Bama fan in the 70s or lived in B'ham in the 70s it's a must see IMO.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Great movie you need to see regardless of your personal beliefs. It is well done. Caleb Castille, Jon Voight, Blake Burgess and Sean Astin were excellent as well as many others.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I just watched the movie and we really enjoyed it. I would like to hear from someone who was actually at the game and the times leading up to the game. Tony Nathan must have been a very strong person.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
We (my family) watched it Saturday night. We all really enjoyed it. If we could all soften our hearts a little like those guys did, the world would be a better place.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
We (my family) watched it Saturday night. We all really enjoyed it. If we could all soften our hearts a little like those guys did, the world would be a better place.
Very true statement. It took a big commitment on their part to come together as a team with what was going on during those times.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.