Game Thread: Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. Aggies...

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Our defense this year is the best that I can ever remember. I don't get nervous, regardless, of the type of offense that is played. And what's scary, is that they're getting better and better.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Our defense this year is the best that I can ever remember. I don't get nervous, regardless, of the type of offense that is played. And what's scary, is that they're getting better and better.

I still like the 2011 defense better. But this one is fun to watch.

That Ole Miss game just had to go and ruin some great stats.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I still like the 2011 defense better. But this one is fun to watch.

That Ole Miss game just had to go and ruin some great stats.
You're probably right about 2011. I'm just thrilled not to be giving up first downs on 3rd and a mile like the past couple years. I think this team can stop the spread or HUNH offenses better than any previous years, but that is just my perception.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We struggle with good offenses the last few years...that TAMU team was a good offense and we dismantled them.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Hassenauer is getting way too much blame for the offensive woes in the second half.

The false starts and play calling hurt more than anything.

aTm took advantage of the backup center and many times had a man over the center and two in the A gap. They were crashing the middle and selling out to stop the run up the middle.
Kelly is the starter and deserves to be but we can't count how many times Kelley has gotten blown up in games this year and many seem to have forgotten.

Humphrey definitely had the interception that was not reviewed.

I agree it was the most biased one side officiated game I have ever seen. They had their mind made up that they weren't going to flag aTm. Too many no calls right in their face.

Defense was awesome.

Special teams mistakes are still a big negative. AG had a good game even though some PAT's were too close.

JC is tough as heck and we need to take more advantage of his running.

Great road win

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I think he meant, "ambidextrous." At least, I hope that's what he meant. But between that and another poster on another thread confusing "emphatic" with "erotic," I think we need to stay away from aspirational phrasing.

It was a joke. Kinda twisted the words of Derek Zoolander.

"I can't turn left."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I tell you what, go ask those DTs what they thought about Kelly when he played...they exposed a weakness and made the young guy look worse than he may be considering the emergency duty and all.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I figured I would offer some of my humble observations on the game.

Our secondary played very well today (21 pts of 3 INTs). I think Fitzpatrick may overshadow every single defensive back in the Nick Saban Era before he exits the Capstone.

I would take Reggie Ragland over any other LB in the country. He always seems to be around the ball.

Coker played pretty well. He is gutsy and I like it. How many hits has he taken when releasing the ball this year? He proved he does have some trucking ability when he decides to turn it up. His biggest contribution today was not passing stats, but his ability to keep the chains moving and take what they give you. I think Bama haters call that being a, gasp, "game manager".

Ryan Kelly is priceless. Although the kid whose name I cannot spell stepped into to a tough spot and got it done, the chemistry wasn't there after Kelly went down. Having a starting center go down is an O line coach"s nightmare. I am currently starting a fourth string center on Friday nights. I didn't even know we had a fourth string center, but that's a story for another day.

Bottom line: I watched a team today that seems to have a purpose go into a pretty hostile environment against a quality opponent, face some adversity, and walk away still in contention for the West. I will take it all day long. RTR.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not a fan of your tone.
Sorry - not trying to be negative. I am an O-line/D-line guy and watched #63 get totally owned. Watch the replay and you will see what I mean. But as some have said, getting first team snaps may be all that he needs to get on track.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.