SOS games watch

rangertau

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 29, 2000
Fairfax, VA
For SOS sake, rooting for;
  • Wisconsin over Illinois
  • MTSU over La. Tech.
  • UL Monroe over Idaho. Was going to pull for Idaho, as they play Au before the IB. But a ULM win improves Bama's SOS, and also UG's - which helps Bama out also. Will root for Idaho next week.
  • Georgia over BYE.
  • Arkansas over Au. Improves current SOS and I will always root against the cow-college.
  • TAMU over OM. Ends OM's tie-breaker advantage over Bama. SOS wise probably a wash.
  • MSU over UK. Improves Bama's future SOS.
  • LSU over WKU. Improves Bama's future SOS.
  • Charleston Southern over Gardner Wbb. Does playing these guys down the road really help our SOS?

As for the Playoff Race:
  • Tracking OSU and MSU battle for the Big10 Spot. Still pulling for Rutgers over OSU for chaos sake, though unlikely. Indiana has no chance against MSU and the football will be awful to watch.
  • PAC12 leader Utah is facing USCw. Never pulled for the trojans and won't start now.
  • ACC leader Clemson is facing Miami - not a fan of either team, but Dabo is an alum and I've never pulled for Miami. As for FSU against GT - rooting for GT to cause more polling chaos.
  • As for the Big 12 - cheer for ISU over Baylor, Kansas over Ok St., and WVU over TCU. Best to keep the Big 12 out until they get a champ game and earn it. Likely to go 0-3 this week, though WVU might have a chance.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I'll be pulling for Alabama and Ohio State this weekend. :wink:
I'll be pulling for Alabama and any team playing Ohio State (well maybe not Notre Lame) :wink:. But I appreciate the heck out of your participation on this site. Always knowledgeable posts.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I thought this was going to be a list of games that SOS gets to kick back and watch this weekend, shirtless, and with a cold one in hand. We've seen that photo from Daytona and know how he rolls.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Way too much thinking on this thread. The way I see it if Alabama wins out they will be one of the 4 playoff teams. The chances of OSU or MSU, Clemson or FSU, Utah, & TCU or Baylor all staying undefeated are slim to none. That is the only way a 1 loss Bama team gets left out. If one each from all four conferences goes undefeated.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Way too much thinking on this thread. The way I see it if Alabama wins out they will be one of the 4 playoff teams. The chances of OSU or MSU, Clemson or FSU, Utah, & TCU or Baylor all staying undefeated are slim to none. That is the only way a 1 loss Bama team gets left out. If one each from all four conferences goes undefeated.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the committee won't find a way to keep Bama (or any other SEC team) out of the playoffs.

(note: I struggled with whether or not this should be blue font)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
IMO if we win out AND Ole Miss has another SEC loss (which means we are SEC Champs) we are in regardless of what else happens. If Ole Miss pulls it together and wins the SEC & there are 4 undefeated conference champions I think there is a distinct possibility that the SEC gets shut out of the playoff this year. At this point all Bama can do is just win the rest of our games and let the rest sort itself out.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Agreed. I really believe it's simple. We win out, we're in. We lose another one, we're not, even if by some weirdness we're a 2-loss SEC Champ.

FWIW, I also think a 12-1 Alabama SEC Champion beats out an undefeated ACC champ.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.