How Many Players Can Alabama Sign in 2016

Action Jackson

Suspended
Jan 12, 2014
Tennessee & New York City
Re: How Many Players Can Alabama Sign

We typically sign 25 every year. There have been a few classes with a little less. Coach Saban knows how to manage roster spots.
So, if Bama is taking 25, that leaves 8 spots left, and likely a few more, considering decommitments, players being told to look elsewhere, etc.

It looks like Bama could end up with:

Gregory Little
Dexter Lawrence
Lyndell Wilson
Jeffery Simmons
Nigel Warrior
Ben Davis
Terrell Hall
Nigel Knott

That's not mentioning WRs.

Do you have any idea which top WRs are leaning toward Bama?

What about Shyheim Carter, Demetris Robertson, and Rashard Lawrence?

Thanks for any insight, TiderJ and others.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

So, if Bama is taking 25, that leaves 8 spots left, and likely a few more, considering decommitments, players being told to look elsewhere, etc.

It looks like Bama could end up with:

Gregory Little
Dexter Lawrence
Lyndell Wilson
Jeffery Simmons
Nigel Warrior
Ben Davis
Terrell Hall
Nigel Knott

That's not mentioning WRs.

Do you have any idea which top WRs are leaning toward Bama?

What about Shyheim Carter, Demetris Robertson, and Rashard Lawrence?

Thanks for any insight, TiderJ and others.
All of the players you mentioned are in play. Cavin Ridley (Calvin's brother) and the WR who was committed to FSU (can't recall his name) are 2 WR's to keep your eye on along with Robertson. Devin White at RB is a big target at RB also.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

However many we do sign.

Every year, it looks like we don't have room for all the commitments. Talking heads and ink-stained wretches, all convinced of Saban treachery, never mind their incomplete information, shout from the mountaintop about the injustice of over-signing.

Between non-qualifiers, transfers, and greyshirts, it always works out. On top of that, every recruit knows his position. So while there may be some disappointments, nobody feels misled.

Media types are then quiet as the grave about Saban and ignore true misleaders in their own back yard. Lather, rinse, repeat next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
As others have said, it's difficult to have any idea on this.

Looking at the roster, and I see 19 seniors that are presumably on scholarship.

Here are 9 juniors (again, presumably on scholarship) that could possibly leave early (not saying they all should or will, but ones that could):

Ryan Anderson
Tim Williams
Dalvin Tomlinson
Reuben Foster
Derrick Henry
O.J. Howard
Eddie Jackson
Jonathan Allen
A'Shawn Robinson

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Here are 9 juniors (again, presumably on scholarship) that could possibly leave early (not saying they all should or will, but ones that could):

Ryan Anderson
Tim Williams
Dalvin Tomlinson
Reuben Foster
Derrick Henry
O.J. Howard
Eddie Jackson
Jonathan Allen
A'Shawn Robinson
Man, I'd hate to lose all of that talent in addition to our seniors. Some studs on that list...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Ryan Anderson
Tim Williams
Dalvin Tomlinson
Reuben Foster
Derrick Henry
O.J. Howard
Eddie Jackson
Jonathan Allen
A'Shawn Robinson
Man, I'd hate to lose all of that talent in addition to our seniors. Some studs on that list...
Logically, I don't see that many juniors leaving. A'Shawn is gone. Ditto Henry. Anybody else would be making a mistake.

Human nature being what it is, they might make that mistake, but it would be the wrong decision.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wouldn't be quick to say A'Shawn is gone. I haven't seen him in the first round of any mock drafts this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
first Robinson is a first round pick and will turn pro. Second why do we try this every year? Let Saban worry about it and enjoy the moments he is giving us.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I wouldn't be quick to say A'Shawn is gone. I haven't seen him in the first round of any mock drafts this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kiper has A'Shawn as the #5 DL and Jarran #3. A'Shawn is maybe a late 1st or early 2nd guy and think he is gone.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
first Robinson is a first round pick and will turn pro. Second why do we try this every year? Let Saban worry about it and enjoy the moments he is giving us.
Maybe because this is a message board where Alabama fans talk about Alabama recruiting.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.