108 Early Nominees for NFL Hall of Fame 2016 - Tide represented.....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think its a long shot that any of them make it this year when I look at that list. Maybe Bennett. I can't remember how long Samuels played, and I don't Alexander didn't have enough great years to make it this go around. JMO.

I really hope Kenny Stabler gets in from the senior ballot.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think its a long shot that any of them make it this year when I look at that list. Maybe Bennett. I can't remember how long Samuels played, and I don't Alexander didn't have enough great years to make it this go around. JMO.

I really hope Kenny Stabler gets in from the senior ballot.
Bennett should be in the HOF based on his body of work over an extended period of time. He played a significant role in 5 Super Bowl teams, but unfortunately was on the losing side of all of them, which I believe is what's keeping him out. Alexander will probably never get in, but I'm curious as to how many former league MVPs, that are eligible, are not HOFers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bennett should be in the HOF based on his body of work over an extended period of time. He played a significant role in 5 Super Bowl teams, but unfortunately was on the losing side of all of them, which I believe is what's keeping him out. Alexander will probably never get in, but I'm curious as to how many former league MVPs, that are eligible, are not HOFers.
Here you go

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You know, I was about to say that I think not reaching 10,000 yards hurt Shaun Alexander. But, he did reach 100 rushing touchdowns. He is seventh all time in that category.

Here's the top 10:
Emmitt Smith
LaDainian Tomlinson
Marcus Allen
Walter Peyton
Jim Brown
John Riggins
Shaun Alexander
Marshall Faulk
Barry Sanders
Jerome Bettis

That's a hall of fame list right there, only people not on it haven't come up yet. Looking further down, you get to 14 and AP (active) before you see a break. So, MVP talk aside, if he doesn't go into the Hall of Fame it sure looks like a snub to be. I don't see how you say Curtis Martin gets in and Shaun doesn't. But, just because he didn't reach 10K rushing (fell just short) those with an agenda might use that to keep him out.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I see Ricky Waters on the list again. I doubt he will ever get in the HOF. "for who, for what".

Looking at the list I doubt any Bama guys get in either. There are way too many first ballot guys this year. Sadly Stabler might never get in because to many of the voters hate him. there is one smug idiot on NFL Network that has said on record he will never vote for Stabler and always protests when someone mentions him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.