Link: Have you talked to your kids about undefeated Iowa?

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
I'm not sure why they'd complain. They will have their chance to earn respect in the Big Ten championship. Until then, they are nothing but a team that has to get up for two games a season and avoids the only other strong teams in the conference this year. They love to compare the out of conference schedule, but their division is trash even compared to the SEC East. Beat Ohio State and then we will talk. I'd love to see Iowa as our first playoff game. :cool:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
When we lived in Tampa, my wife always got tickets to the Outback Bowl because she served on the committee. We went to the Iowa vs South Carolina game in 2009 and met Coach Ferentz and his staff. He talked to my wife at length during the meet the teams luncheon (my wife grew up in Creston, IA) and was very nice. He and I talked Bama footbal (he is an admirer of Coach Bryant) during lunch, as well. At the same luncheon, we also got to meet Spurrier. My wife is a gator grad and was all excited to meet him....he totally blew her off and was arrogant and very rude (even after she told him what year she graduated from UF)...he was such a jerk, that both her boss and myself wanted to say something...she wouldn't let us. At the game a few weeks later, we met many Iowa fans at the big corporate tailgate party and even sat with them during the game. Needless to say, we cheered for Iowa that day and had a ball. Iowa won 31-10 and we loved every minute of it. :) We went back in 2014 and met Coach Ferentz again...he remembered us, where my wife was from and our conversation about Coach Bryant. I even poked fun at him over us getting Ross Pierschbacher...he said, yeah, you guys beat us on that great kid and that's the way it goes when you compete against Coach Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.