Link: Saban wants Bryant-Denny to be more like Kyle Field

tidegrandpa

All-American
I gotta say, having been to both, I have to agree. Our stadium is more quiet than a mute convention. People may love Alabama and attend the games, but sometimes it seems that it's more out of tradition than to actually cheer the team on.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...d-is-the-kind-of-place-bryant-denny-should-be
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I was at the 2013 Aggie game at Kyle, and I still do not know how the team communicated, I had gameday radio earpiece turned to max just to try to hear.
At the 2010 Cam game at Bryant, it was loud, but not Kyle field loud;

Of course at Kyle, the Cadet Corp is required to stand and yell the entire game, win or lose.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Re: Saban wants Bryant-Denny to be more like Kyle Allen

He wants our stadium to throw 3 INTs per game??
We got that covered man! The ol miss game checked that block. Heck, last year with the iron bowl....

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011

It's up and down. We're a little spoiled right now. Urban Meyer's first trip to BDS was pretty rowdy.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Saban credited A&M as the only place where the crowd didn't boo when the Bama team came out before the game started.

I guess that's real nice of them...

I'm kind of surprised Saban cares one way or the other about whether his team gets booed by the home crowd. I've always thought...as long as nothing gets thrown, let them boo all they want. When we are the visiting team, the home town crowd may start out booing...but they usually are crying by the end of the game.

On the other hand...when Bama is at home, I don't really like our crowd booing other teams except for UT and the barners, so I understand his point.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I think it's changed, but the ushers/security used to come and reprimand you if you were either too loud or stood when the people behind you want to sit...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
As in not just physically filling seats but cheering on something more than the other teams 3rd down.

There is a lot of people sitting down during the other plays. I think we make the older people around us angry...since we do stand up a lot and cheer a lot.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There is a lot of people sitting down during the other plays. I think we make the older people around us angry...since we do stand up a lot and cheer a lot.
If it's a CBS broadcast, during a commercial time out you can not only sit down, you can take a nap, order a pizza, have it delivered, then stand for all of six plays before there is another commercial break starts things all over again...

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
Just to throw this in. When I went to football games in the early 60s there was quiet throughout the whole stadium when the teams came up to the line. I think this noise thing is getting way out of hand.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
This is about Kyle Field but the same could be said about Tiger Stadium in Red Stick. Frankly, BDS is not loud and people just don't yell. If the other team has the ball, it should be deafening, even during TV times out. I assure you, if you can keep someone in a huddle from hearing one word, it could be the difference in a game. I've stood and screamed and looked around and I was of a huge minority of people trying to yell. Folks just sitting there with their hands on their knees. A big 3rd down play comes along and folks would give a golf clap after the team lines up. It's like the crowd JUST DON'T GET IT.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.