The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The good: Finish

The bad: Refs. They missed one call on us I noticed (a play where our RB - not sure if it was Henry or Drake) was moving toward the LOS as the ball was snapped. I thought I had heard a whistle an instant before, too), but most missed calls were not in our favor. Ridley's back shoulder pass that he did not catch... he was being pulled down by the DB. the chop block call was bogus. There was more that I can't recall specifically.

The ugly: Orange. I hate orange.

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Good - Offense and Defense standing up when their backs were against the wall.

Bad - O line play (especially pass protection). Continue missed calls from all SEC officiating crews.

Ugly - Bama Lee's face when he sees this thread! 😜😜😜
My face is ugly with or without the thread :eek2:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- Derek Henry, Wide Receivers (Adarius Stewart finally played a complete game), and Coker

The Bad- Our LB's had a few good plays but overall seemed slow to the ball or took poor pursuit angles.

The Ugly= Auburn losing in 4 OT's

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The good: Guts. Derrick Henry. Reggie Ragland. Reuben Foster. Ardarius Stewart. Calvin Ridley. Special Teams play. Defensive line play.

The Bad: Missed opportunities on defense - Need to get at least one of those picks. Coker's decision making in pressure situations. I think his aTm performance was on his mind. Tried to force run plays when throwing the ball away was a better play. But those are correctable mistakes.

The Ugly: Orange and Peyton Manning's face. Offensive line play. Way too inconsistent. If Cam Robinson is injured, put someone else in. Get him healthy and keep defenders out of the backfield. We've recruited lots of 4* & 5* guys, surely one of them is serviceable at LT.

Other thoughts:
We need someone to step up behind Henry. He looked gassed a few times today. We need a consistent #2, be it Drake, Harris or Scarbrough.

I wish we'd use Howard more in the "and goal" situations. He's so big, surely he can out jump a few guys. Throw it high towards the back of the end zone and let him out jump someone.

I don't understand our play-calling at times. Just as we seem to be establishing an identity, the play calls switch up and we try to get what I would call "too cute". Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable folks on the board can help me understand the rationale behind some of the play calls.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- win, defense, offense stepping up when they had to get it done, this team having four tough SEC games in October, two of which where they faced rested teams coming off byes, and finding ways to win them all
Bad- offense continuing to make the same mistakes with penalties and missed assignments
Ugly- orange, Payton Manning

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I don't understand our play-calling at times. Just as we seem to be establishing an identity, the play calls switch up and we try to get what I would call "too cute". Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable folks on the board can help me understand the rationale behind some of the play calls.
Part of the problem is that every time we were on the verge of getting into an offensive rhythm, we'd have a penalty or someone would blow an assignment and we'd be behind the chains.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The good - offense stepping up for the game winning drive
The bad - too many penalties again
The ugly - A&M's offense

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Good: Game winning drive, was sweet to watch, passing, excellent receiving, and TD run by Henry.
Bad: Coker seeing the sky from on his back way too many times. (And need I mention the officiating?) The penalties.
Ugly: Having to see PM's smiling mug while in BDS. An Alabama fan in a home game should not have to be subjected to that.
(Although the look on his face in the remaining few minutes did ease the pain of the previous smug mug shots.)

Roll Tide!

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
good: a win.
bad: offensive line blocking.
ugly: officiating, way to many blatant made calls and missed calls. and this was at home.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Good
Two players having the best games of their careers:

• Ardarius Stewart made some clutch catches but also made some really key blocks.
  • Reuben Foster played a heckuva game. I might nominate him as most improved defensive player in 2015. Last year he was like an unguided missile and sometimes a liability, but this year he always seems to be in the right spot.

Bad
I fear that, if we miss the playoffs, it will be inconsistency from the offensive line, and not special teams woes, that will do it. We're not an offense built for 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20. Yet, over and over and over again, o-line/tight end penalties, sacks, and TFLs put us in that position.

Ugly
The fetish of hate towards Tennessee that many of our fans hold.* It's almost like one's bona fides as an Alabama fan are proved by claiming hatred of Tennessee. But here are the realities: we've won 9 in a row; Peyton directing the band was a silly, stupid stunt but he seems to have turned out to be an overall decent guy; and, Albert Means and Phat Phil were nearly two decades in the past. I'd enjoy this game more if we could return to the rivalry of mutual respect that I recall from the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

*I'm glad the Like/Unlike buttons are again missing, 'cause I know I'd draw some Unlikes for this post.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Bad
I fear that, if we miss the playoffs, it will be inconsistency from the offensive line, and not special teams woes, that will do it. We're not an offense built for 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20. Yet, over and over and over again, o-line/tight end penalties, sacks, and TFLs put us in that position.
I was very impressed with one of our drives in the 3rd quarter where we had to overcome 2 or 3 1st & 15s or worse. I believe it was the one that ended about the 4yd line where Stewart caught the pass over the middle right there. Still had to settle for 3 inside the 10yd line.

But yeah, those negative plays on 1st down, whether they are penalties or a lineman blowing an assignment just kill any momentum or rhythm we have going. And you can tell the guys are frustrated about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The Good - Making plays in the clutch. Will pay dividends later in the season.

The Bad - the officiating. We've been hosed so many times this season, I feel like a dog in heat.

The Ugly - Number of missed opportunities for turnovers that would have salted this thing away much earlier.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Good - Finally giving Henry the ball with game on the line.

Bad - Not giving Henry the ball enough in 1st half.

Ugly - Tailgating on the quad. Holy cr@p, when did this become an all-out animal house type drunk fest for college students? We are here for an official visit on Monday for my daughter & nephew, both seniors strongly considering UA. We had a big group tailgaing, including my parents (both Bama alum). Friday nite when we went to get a spot, but a large chunk were already reserved by student groups with yellow tape. We still got a spot. Saturday we noticed a large number of spots occupied by students playing drinking games, shotgunning beers, doing shots, etc. By noon there were already a lot of really drunk people. What we witnessed the next 8 hours was drunken fights, vomitting, drunks falling into tents, a crawling girl too drunk to stand up who fell into a pike of puke, tried to stand up, only to puke herself. I could type for an hour and not do this justice. It was an ugly, ugly scene. Had I been a parent visiting for first time I'd have canceled tomorrow's campus visit and gone home, it was that bad around us. We spoke to cops after game after a they had cleared up yet another fight. They were beyond frustrated, said it had been getting worse the past few years but that things had skyrocketed this year. Said no one will listen to them and begged us to contact the university about this, which I will.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this on quad, but it was rampant and was a black eye on a great university. Put a damper on what was my 31st Bama-UT game. We were here to showcase UA to my daughter. It got off to a bad start.

On the bright side the campus looks amazing, and my daughter missed most of the quad fiasco because her 2nd cousin (Bama sr) got her tix and took her to her sorority house to tailgate. Despite the quad, I'm really looking forward to the campus tour tomorrow.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Good - Finally giving Henry the ball with game on the line.

Bad - Not giving Henry the ball enough in 1st half.

Ugly - Tailgating on the quad. Holy cr@p, when did this become an all-out animal house type drunk fest for college students? We are here for an official visit on Monday for my daughter & nephew, both seniors strongly considering UA. We had a big group tailgaing, including my parents (both Bama alum). Friday nite when we went to get a spot, but a large chunk were already reserved by student groups with yellow tape. We still got a spot. Saturday we noticed a large number of spots occupied by students playing drinking games, shotgunning beers, doing shots, etc. By noon there were already a lot of really drunk people. What we witnessed the next 8 hours was drunken fights, vomitting, drunks falling into tents, a crawling girl too drunk to stand up who fell into a pike of puke, tried to stand up, only to puke herself. I could type for an hour and not do this justice. It was an ugly, ugly scene. Had I been a parent visiting for first time I'd have canceled tomorrow's campus visit and gone home, it was that bad around us. We spoke to cops after game after a they had cleared up yet another fight. They were beyond frustrated, said it had been getting worse the past few years but that things had skyrocketed this year. Said no one will listen to them and begged us to contact the university about this, which I will.

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this on quad, but it was rampant and was a black eye on a great university. Put a damper on what was my 31st Bama-UT game. We were here to showcase UA to my daughter. It got off to a bad start.

On the bright side the campus looks amazing, and my daughter missed most of the quad fiasco because her 2nd cousin (Bama sr) got her tix and took her to her sorority house to tailgate. Despite the quad, I'm really looking forward to the campus tour tomorrow.
Wow that sounds pretty bad. I graduated last year and yeah there was drinking and whatnot but not like that. One of the fraternity houses on the strip likes to trash their front yard with cups, plates, etc too which always looks really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.