ArDarius Stewart and his play against Tennessee

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wonder why we didn't try some intermediate routes, since their safeties were playing that far back and they were stacking the box.
they were only dropping the safeties back deep when they assumed we were about to do a Kiffin Unleash the Dragon...they're more of a cover-1 team.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
I have absolutely no idea. That's why Kiffin needs to be in the press box. It was so obvious to most everyone watching, but not so obvious from field level. They were literally giving us a 25 yard cushion to throw a ten yard pass without being covered. Coach S. just needs his total control.
Absolutely. I've been wanting to see this but it's not gonna happen

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Absolutely. I've been wanting to see this but it's not gonna happen
I'm afraid you're right. He just doesn't trust Kiffin enough.There was the excuse of his coaching the QBs, but, during the whole game, when Coker wasn't playing, he was sitting on the bench by himself. Didn't seem to be any coaching going on. Put a headset on Coker and Kiffin can coach him from the pressbox...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Six can't block eight. The middle of the field was wide open all day. Danielson pointed it out several times.
Tennessee was putting 8 in the box, playing man with their corners, and backing their two safeties, literally 25 yards off the ball. They were saying, "You will NOT beat us unless you throw", and although Henry did indeed run the winning touchdown, we didn't do anything offensively until we finally recognized that we could throw over the middle.

Wouldn't that make it 12 men on the field? ? :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.