ga tech and fsu

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Isn't it something like if it doesn't cross the los then it is a dead ball but, if it crosses the los then it is live, like a punt. I don't know, I'm probably wrong but I also thought there were some instances when a blocked FG couldn't be returned.

If it crosses the line of scrimmage (like this one did), the offense cannot advance the ball unless it has been touched by the defense. If it does not cross the line, it is a live ball.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Kanell is an idiot.

Commentators take a lot of unnecessary flak from fans for (imagined) biases.

But I don't think we are imagining a bias with Kanell. His bias has been consistent and personal. I do not understand why he was promoted at ESPN.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
But I don't think we are imagining a bias with Kanell. His bias has been consistent and personal.
PS - I think the Alabama-based sportswriters are sick of him as well. I love seeing the even-tempered Cecil Hurt dishing it out to Kanell on Twitter.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Commentators take a lot of unnecessary flak from fans for (imagined) biases.

But I don't think we are imagining a bias with Kanell. His bias has been consistent and personal. I do not understand why he was promoted at ESPN.
ESPN had to layoff over 300 people. Kannel and Galloway are cheap labor compared to who they replaced..

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
ESPN had to layoff over 300 people. Kannel and Galloway are cheap labor compared to who they replaced..
I've heard that mentioned elsewhere but I'm not certain it's true. Mark May and Lou Holtz are still employed by ABC/Disney; they just no longer appear on the ESPN college shows.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've heard that mentioned elsewhere but I'm not certain it's true. Mark May and Lou Holtz are still employed by ABC/Disney; they just no longer appear on the ESPN college shows.
Yes. IIRC, ESPN is a separate division within Disney. So the ESPN "branch" is saving money by going with less experience and cheaper labor. I say cheaper tongue and cheek as I'm sure Galloway and Kannel are still pulling a nice salary but I guarantee you that the college football show is cheaper salary wise this year than last year when they had Rece Davis, May and Holtz..

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
My son is a manager for the Georgia Tech football team. He was on the field when it happened, so obviously it was incredible for him. I'm so happy for him and all the Tech players. And oh BTW, Justin Thomas is still a Bama fan. :cool:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
So we could see Coach Lou at Disney World as say "Goofy"?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Aguayo is a future NFL kicker. Probably will get drafted and not just picked up as a UDFA. It was a long kick, so he had to kick for distance and the kids of the other side just made the play. Can't fault him on that one, the offense missed an opportunity to bring it in a little closer and allow him to more easily kick it high with the proper distance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.