Adam Griffith is 10 for his last 12 FGs - Share the love

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Excellent work by Adam! The kickoffs so are unlike anything I can remember at Bama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Those kick offs were big on Saturday. Made sure that UT had to drive the ball a long way. To their credit, they did it a couple of times, but it`s hard to make a living against this D if you have to do it time after time. Adam did his job superbly last weekend. I just wonder if maybe he`s feeling better (?)

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
He did a fantastic job on kickoffs as well as his place kicking. I will admit though that I never trust our kickers to make FGs...I can't explain it.

Heck...I think the last kicker I trusted was Michael Proctor.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes, I'm glad he's doing better. And yes, he hit a clutch kick against LSU. And no, I don't blame him in any way for the Kick Six.

But I was texting a friend at the time and when we failed the first shot at a TD (which enabled the Vols to take the lead), I even texted, "God, I hope this doesn't come down to the kicker." And that's weird. We are the school that once went about seven years without missing a PAT. We're the school had ace kickers like Van Tiffin, Phillip Doyle, and even to a large extent Michael Proctor (who hit a 40-yard PAT against UF in the 92 SECCG that was critical - and he was a freshman).

We haven't had a reliable kicker in 20 years. I was told the reason we didn't have a good one for the first ten is because we were on probation. But that's no excuse now.

Edited to add: Leigh Tiffin was all right, pretty good, but he wasn't money in the bank inside the 40, either. That's what I mean. So yeah he was reliable but he wasn't 'hey, we've got this.'

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.