Trouble at the Barn in Texas

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
For those wanting to see the video google "Weekend at Rumlin's"

This Kyle Allen/Kyler Murray/Jake Spavital/Kevin Sumlin situation seems to be festering amongst the coaches, players and fanbase.

I stated a while back that I thought is was a race between Sumlin and Miles to see who gets fired first...well Sumlin has jumped out to a pretty good lead it seems.
I think it was already going on when they played us. Allen got into it a little with one of his OL after the second pick and had a little eyebrow raise caught when he was replaced near the end of the first half.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
And then there's this:

Texas A&M reopening QB battle between Allen, Murray, Hubenak

Only days after Kyle Allen only managed to lead Texas A&M to three points against Ole Miss despite the Aggies' defense forcing four turnovers, coach Kevin Sumlin told reporters that he would have to re-earn the starting quarterback job in a battle with backup Kyler Murray and third-stringer Joe Hubenak.

Per GigEm247, Sumlin said the team would announce its starter for Saturday's home game vs. South Carolina on Friday. Allen went 12 of 34 for 88 yards against the Rebels with no touchdowns and one interception. He completed only one pass in an 18-attempt stretch for minus-1 yard.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There is a video floating around out there from last night that is supposedly showing Kevin Sumlin very drunk (it looks like him, but the video is poor) and being assisted to even walk. It's a pretty ugly scene. I can't post it here due to the language by whomever filmed it.
that video could be of any middle aged black guy, it looks like it was shot using a flip phone from around 2005. Clearly shows a drunk black guy but thats about it

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Bingo, Jon, agree 100%. Anyone seeing Kevin Sumlin in that video really just wants it to be Sumlin. Probably a hoax.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Reports are coming out from College Station right now - Sumlin has informed the team Kyler Murray will be the starting QB.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reports are coming out from College Station right now - Sumlin has informed the team Kyler Murray will be the starting QB.
Quite the carousel we've got in the SEC this year. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn and now A&M all switching QB's...some out of necessity (Florida) the rest because of performance. Murray does seem dynamic and more than likely A&M should come out on top of SC...then they've got Auburn which is "push" game to call at the moment...but one thing is for sure...if there is any suspect element to Murray it'll have a "Come to Jesus" moment at LSU on Nov 28th...providing LSU doesn't flip character like a few teams have this season.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
For those wanting to see the video google "Weekend at Rumlin's"

This Kyle Allen/Kyler Murray/Jake Spavital/Kevin Sumlin situation seems to be festering amongst the coaches, players and fanbase.

I stated a while back that I thought is was a race between Sumlin and Miles to see who gets fired first...well Sumlin has jumped out to a pretty good lead it seems.
Not to derail the thread, but what does Miles have to do with this? If it weren't for a guy named Nick Saban, Les Miles would be the "top dog" in college football IMO.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not to derail the thread, but what does Miles have to do with this? If it weren't for a guy named Nick Saban, Les Miles would be the "top dog" in college football IMO.
Aside from Meyer, no one has been better. And Meyer ran crying from the SEC, while Les just continues to put powerful teams on the field in the toughest conference in the nation...

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Quite the carousel we've got in the SEC this year. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn and now A&M all switching QB's...some out of necessity (Florida) the rest because of performance. Murray does seem dynamic and more than likely A&M should come out on top of SC...then they've got Auburn which is "push" game to call at the moment...but one thing is for sure...if there is any suspect element to Murray it'll have a "Come to Jesus" moment at LSU on Nov 28th...providing LSU doesn't flip character like a few teams have this season.
Well, Bama tried to get into that QB carousel, especially that 3rd Game....but they figured it out pretty dang quick that carousel ride was not going to be any fun.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Bama has started two QBs this year too. Be careful pointing fingers.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Bama has started two QBs this year too. Be careful pointing fingers.
Let's see. This is an ODD season for QB's in the SEC! What teams this season have used multiple QB's?

UGA possibly starting their 3rd team QB this week, after playing 2 so far this season.

MIZZOU suspending their starting QB and playing their 2nd team guy only to begin losing. Who will start for them next?

Florida having to play their back-up QB for reasons already discussed.

The Barn playing their back-up QB most of the season after taking the reins from their Heisman QB.

USCe: haven't they played more than 1 QB. I haven't kept up with them this year.

ATM: They've played 3 QB's so far and looks like they are now ready to settle at least for tomorrow's game on Kyler Murray. He just may be the BEST. I watched the state championship game last year and he was very very GOOOOOD! However, it doesn't look like A & M has a doghouse on their campus except for their mascot! Maybe he has been watching the Texans former QB - Mallett. Lack of MATURITY problems! I can understand that with a True FRESHMAN, I think, but it's really bad when you've been in the NFL for several years, 5 I think. Mallett bit the hands that fed him! Hopefully, others will learn from his life lessons.

Bama using two before settling on the one who appears to be the best of the bunch, you know that Big Dude who can take a lick and keep on ticking and dish a few licks out also.

I'm not sure what Vandy is doing.? Have they played more than 1 QB this season? I'll watch more closely this weekend since they are playing UH.

Kentucky seems to be okay with their starting QB. LSU also. Mittittippi Tate also. Ole Sis also. Man, he can use different methods to complete a pass. One is by bouncing the ball off an opponent's helmet in order to complete it for a TD. Tennercee also. ArKansas also, I think, with one Allen backed up by his brother.

I do think it is an ODD season in the SEC!

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
ATM: They've played 3 QB's so far and looks like they are now ready to settle at least for tomorrow's game on Kyler Murray. He just may be the BEST. I watched the state championship game last year and he was very very GOOOOOD!
Yes, but..................

He is going to get killed. He doesn't yet have the bulk, to survive the SEC gauntlet. If he survives, he will be good. He just has to get there, in one piece.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree with Tony Barnhart--TAMU simply has not adjusted yet to the physicality of the sec. You can have all the skill players you want, but unless you have tough, physical, and big players on the O And D lines you are not going to compete for championships in this conference.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
USCe: haven't they played more than 1 QB. I haven't kept up with them this year.
They've played 3. Their starter, Connor Mitch, got hurt in either game 1 or 2. Their backup, Perry Orth, is a former walk-on. They've tried to play true freshman Lorenzo Nunez some, but he's clearly not ready. I hear that Mitch is almost ready to play again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.