Miami has just fired Al Golden

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Really? They have one of the worst offenses in the NFL, even with Cam. They win because of their defense.
Carolina ranks 4th in points per game, have the top rushing attack in the NFL and are 12th in total yards per game.

So yeah, I'd say he's done pretty well with the offense.

Not sure how those rankings translate into "one of the worst offenses in the NFL".

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Carolina ranks 4th in points per game, have the top rushing attack in the NFL and are 12th in total yards per game.

So yeah, I'd say he's done pretty well with the offense.

Not sure how those rankings translate into "one of the worst offenses in the NFL".
Playing against Green Bay's purported defense can deliver instant rehabilitation even to those in worst need of it.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I don't know that the knock on Shula was ever his play calling ability or offensive mind...
I think that was part of it (see: Jumbo Package). And having success in the NFL will likely change his overall perception, regardless of whether he has corrected some of his other shortcomings.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Playing against Green Bay's purported defense can deliver instant rehabilitation even to those in worst need of it.
Not just Green Bay - look at all of the teams that they have faced. It is a who's who of horrible teams with even worse defenses.

Not saying that you can't win with that offense, because the Seahawks won with a similarly horrible offense, but they only did it because of their great defense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know that the knock on Shula was ever his play calling ability or offensive mind...
his style and his unbreakable loyalty to his coordinators. I think there was an off chance that if he fired Radar he might of made it harder for Mal to get rid of him. The biggest example of his play calling is the Tennessee game in 2006 when Simeon returned a ball to the 6 but yet we only get 3 points. I personally don't think he is a college coach.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I really would be surprised if Shula was hired but if so I'll wish him well. He did bring us through a dark time even though he wasn't the best head coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.