Free Dixieland Delight

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
The students are mad as can be that we are no longer playing Dixieland Delight. I realize that they are saying bad words, but the students are pretty vocal in their displeasure and I think it is showing in the lack of crowd noise. Crowd noise will always be driven by the student section.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The students are mad as can be that we are no longer playing Dixieland Delight. I realize that they are saying bad words, but the students are pretty vocal in their displeasure and I think it is showing in the lack of crowd noise. Crowd noise will always be driven by the student section.
Not a bad take, but DUCK!!! Rtr

But on a serious note, I think Cbb will eventually cave and the tide priders and the majority on this board will take issue with it.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Privileges abused soon become lost.

If the students had really cared so much about it then they should have done what little was required to keep that privilege.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If the students are so spoiled and petulant that they will reduce cheering for the team because they aren't allowed to scream obscenities, I'm sure some of those on the Tide Pride waiting list would be happy to fill the void those students leave with both money and noise.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Maybe in the past but since the expansion the student section is rarely full & has not been as loud as the other sections.
I disagree. The student section is almost always completely full. The exception is after halftime for teams like MTSU. I was at the Arkansas game, and you could see where the divide was between the student section and tide-pride in the upper deck over there. And it is always loud. What might make the student section look empty is the big chunk the University carved out and gave to the sky-boxes at the end of the end zone. Those people rarely fill their seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
The sad thing is that Dixie Land only got those added curse verses in the last 3 years. We used to just yell Roll Tide. Then some goobers decided to take it to the next level.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
If the students are so spoiled and petulant that they will reduce cheering for the team because they aren't allowed to scream obscenities, I'm sure some of those on the Tide Pride waiting list would be happy to fill the void those students leave with both money and noise.
Preach it brother you are so right

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
The sad thing is that Dixie Land only got those added curse verses in the last 3 years. We used to just yell Roll Tide. Then some goobers decided to take it to the next level.

Which is, of course, exactly the point.

It would have only taken a minimum of effort to merely refrain from using those obscenities and revert to the previous "lyrics" in order to keep that song in the repertoire; the students wouldn't have even had to "think up" new lyrics. However, that modicum of effort was apparently too much to require and, thus, the privilege was taken away.

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS

But your forgetting the original curse word in it ....."Tennessee ".[emoji75]

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I heard them playing DD before the game this week. I heard it in the background on the pregame show on the ARN. Either that or they were playing at the station in the background. Weird.....

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
I disagree. The student section is almost always completely full. The exception is after halftime for teams like MTSU. I was at the Arkansas game, and you could see where the divide was between the student section and tide-pride in the upper deck over there. And it is always loud. What might make the student section look empty is the big chunk the University carved out and gave to the sky-boxes at the end of the end zone. Those people rarely fill their seats.

The student section has consistently been lacking since the south upper deck was built. I have talked to many students who do not want to sit up there. Granted, when the entire student section was in the lower bowl, it was never an issue of students not attending games. My niece said that they would over crowd the lower bowl because they didn't want to sit up so high. They need to either reduce the number of student seats or somehow move them out of the upper deck.
Just my ¢2.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The student section has consistently been lacking since the south upper deck was built. I have talked to many students who do not want to sit up there. Granted, when the entire student section was in the lower bowl, it was never an issue of students not attending games. My niece said that they would over crowd the lower bowl because they didn't want to sit up so high. They need to either reduce the number of student seats or somehow move them out of the upper deck.
Just my ¢2.
That is more or less a complaint. Personally I wish they would give the upper section to tide pride and expand the ss in the lower bowl

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
The student section has been full for all of the SEC games this year and they are always on their feet and cheering. I think the student section is better this year than the past few years.

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
The student section has been full for all of the SEC games this year and they are always on their feet and cheering. I think the student section is better this year than the past few years.
Are you including the upper deck because it was not full Saturday night?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Does it have to be Dixieland Delight? There must be other songs that are being played that they can shout obscenities to.

Or maybe just shout out random obscenities. Would that give them their jollies?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Does it have to be Dixieland Delight? There must be other songs that are being played that they can shout obscenities to.

Or maybe just shout out random obscenities. Would that give them their jollies?
hell, that worked for us when i was a student. but that was when the first deck was added to bds and the gameday experience wasn't an all out assault on the senses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.