Ole Miss vs Auburn - Who are you pulling for?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I've been this way all my life: you do what you have to do to win. If you don't, you suffer the consequences.
Depending on someone else to lose is not the way to win. It does happen and you can't ignore the benefit when it does, but openly rooting for someone else to lose for it to happen doesn't work for me when the winner in that particular contest happens the be the barn, the orange puke or the who's.
Having said that...Ol Spit has had road issues - big time, except for the Bama game. I think the barn wins but I won't pull for them.
I will pull for MSU to beat Ol Spit because my nephew went there - hows that for justification? :tongue:

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
The one main problem in the Barn winning is that we will never hear the end of it, from the Barn Fans, that they beat Ole Miss and we didn't ...think about it.
I really don't care what Auburn fans, or any other fan base, has to say. Having the path open for Bama getting to a national championship is all I care about. Besides, if that is the best argument they end up having for us this year, Ill take it.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Excellent point, Killjoy! :wink:
It's possible.

21st overtime after a scoreless game in regulation. Auburn attempting a 2 point conversion to win it. Sean White throws over the middle to Ricardo. It's tipped at the line! Nkemdiche (doesn't matter which one) plucks it out of the air in his own end zone, where he is promptly leveled by Kerryon Johnson. He fumbles the ball as a result of the bone crushing hit. It promptly rolls toward the back line and out of the endzone. Auburn wins 158-157.

There's your 1 point 20 overtime hypothetical.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
It's possible.

21st overtime after a scoreless game in regulation. Auburn attempting a 2 point conversion to win it. Sean White throws over the middle to Ricardo. It's tipped at the line! Nkemdiche (doesn't matter which one) plucks it out of the air in his own end zone, where he is promptly leveled by Kerryon Johnson. He fumbles the ball as a result of the bone crushing hit. It promptly rolls toward the back line and out of the endzone. Auburn wins 158-157.

In the 21st overtime, the two-point conversion would be to TIE :)

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
It's possible.

Nice try and it sounds like something that would happen for Auburn, but I think that would be a failed conversion and if I did the math in my head right you are still tied 165-165. If AU is doing the try to win it OM must have scored 6 and failed on their conversion.

I can't believe I took the time to figure that out.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Nice try and it sounds like something that would happen for Auburn, but I think that would be a failed conversion and if I did the math in my head right you are still tied 165-165. If AU is doing the try to win it OM must have scored 6 and failed on their conversion.

I can't believe I took the time to figure that out.
Check the rule for a "conversion safety." It's happened before. Ask the aTm fans about it. :)

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Check the rule for a "conversion safety." It's happened before. Ask the aTm fans about it. :)
Ah I stand corrected. Shouldn't have argued with an Auburn fan on how to win in every weird way possible. :conf3:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
You must go for two starting with the 3rd OT. So if Ole Miss got the ball first for the 21st OT, scored the TD but failed the conversion, then AU is down 6 and touchdown only ties it. AU would then have to go for 2 to win.
Wouldn't the interception by Nkemdiche in the endzone be ruled a touchback immediately unless he tried to run it out which would be stupid.....

On second thought, given AU's track record, he probably would try to run it out... so nevermind! :p

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Barn-Ole Sis a win win for me

Well, the Tide needs some help to get to the final four. Someone needs to beat Ole Sis, so that if Bama wins out they will win the west. So my head says that I need to root for the Barn this weekend. On the other hand, my heart will never let me pull for Barney. So I think that I am going to take this weekend's game as a win-win and be happy no matter how it turns out. If Barney beats Ole Sis. Bama controls its own destiny again and that is great. And if Ole Sis wins, the Barn loses another game, which is always great.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.