Saban says Bama/LSU has become a rivalry. What say you?

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Re: Saban says that Bama/LSU has b/c a little bit of a rivalry. What say you?

Yeah, just a teensy bit ;)

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
Saban says that Bama/LSU has b/c a little bit of a rivalry. What say you?

What kinda sucks is that it wasn't a rivalry to Alabama until Saban turned LSU into a legitimate powerhouse. Now Alabama has to contend with that monster Every year. Luckily Saban has returned Alabama to being an even greater powerhouse than LSU. If you think about it, that's the reason a lot of LSU fans hate Coach Saban [emoji75]

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I would categorize it as a Ravens vs Steelers type of "Crowbar Game".

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Well, the corndogs are the only fan base banned from the board so yea...pretty intense rivalry at the moment.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

I spend a lot of time in Cajun Land. Since most LSU fans I know hate Alabama, my life is easier when we win. I never rub it in when we win, but that isn't the case with the Corndogs. So, this is a big game with national championship implications, but also an important game for me personally.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

When the winner has decided the SEC West 6 of the last 8 years, I would consider it a rivalry.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I believe to the current student body this is our second biggest rivalry behind Auburn. This is becoming a fun rivalry not filled with hate yet.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

When it is the biggest game of your regular season for 5-6 years, I'd call that a rivalry. Will it still be one in 20 years? Who knows.

bamagirl71

Feb 9, 2011

Dare a lurking poster suggest the BAMA-LSU weekend be dubbed FSIN?
(Side note, this lurking poster got married on the Third Saturday in October, 1971. We won 32-15 that afternoon, small wedding was after the game, family and close friends. We just celebrated our 44th anniversary.)

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

I would categorize it as a Ravens vs Steelers type of "Crowbar Game".
I don't keep up with the NFL so I have no idea what this means.:conf2:

(Side note, this lurking poster got married on the Third Saturday in October, 1971. We won 32-15 that afternoon, small wedding was after the game, family and close friends. We just celebrated our 44th anniversary.)

I have no idea what FSIN means either.:conf2: I did an internet search and didn't come up with anything meaningful; Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have no idea what FSIN means either.:conf2: I did an internet search and didn't come up with anything meaningful; Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations?
First Saturday In November

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Congratulations and I like the way you think. I was in attendance at that game but missed your wedding. :)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I don't keep up with the NFL so I have no idea what this means.:conf2:

Pretty sure she means "First Saturday in November."

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

I believe to the current student body this is our second biggest rivalry behind Auburn. This is becoming a fun rivalry not filled with hate yet.
I can see why that is the case with the current student body. Of course, as a alumni who lived through the DuBose years and Fattimus attempt to take us out I would rank our rivalries as such.

1. LSU - Two SEC West Powerhouses, with the winner representing the West in Atlanta.
2. Tennessee - It's 10orc. Went up there to see Bama play in 98, fans were rude and a number of them held up 4 fingers on our way to our cars.
3. Auburn - need I say more.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Its a rivalry until LSU starts fielding teams like Tenn has for the past 9 years.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

My opinion:

To LSU, of course it is. They want very badly to be Alabama and they never will be.

To US, no and shouldn't be. We've played some tough games against LSU but we own them. Unlike Auburn or Tennessee, I don't hate them. I don't really think much of them to be honest. They always give us their best shot but these days, so do a lot of teams. Tiger Stadium is like our alternate home field or something. Home away from home.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I spend a lot of time in Cajun Land. Since most LSU fans I know hate Alabama, my life is easier when we win. I never rub it in when we win, but that isn't the case with the Corndogs. So, this is a big game with national championship implications, but also an important game for me personally.
Lived amongst them for a number of years. Some were OK, but many were some of the poorest winners I`ve ever seen. Grace in victory is certainly an alien concept to most of them, at least in my experience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.