LSU's Fournette looking forward to Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would assume that he is as good as advertised if I were game-planning against him. Yes, LSU's QB has improved, but he has not faced your pressure, or your secondary. I would focus on Fournette as if he were Hershel Walker. Make their QB beat you.

BamaGunner

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 6, 2011
Hoover, Al
I like our chances. We faced Fournette before and prevailed although I am quite sure he has improved. Watching LSU, Harris hasn't been pressured a lot. Our front seven and now our defensive backfield is definitely improved over last year. Cautiously confident.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wonder why nobody can ever get that pose right.
Agreed. I almost lost a bet to one of my buddies when he told me this and I told him he was wrong and we bet $100. He was so calm and confident about the bet that I ended up cancelling it before he pulled up the Heisman pose on his phone. I have seen it done wrong so many times starting w/ Desmond Howard that I assumed this was the correct pose.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would assume that he is as good as advertised if I were game-planning against him. Yes, LSU's QB has improved, but he has not faced your pressure, or your secondary. I would focus on Fournette as if he were Hershel Walker. Make their QB beat you.
How could you not agree with this? Can`t see saying anything else but, " If we lose, it`ll be because of somebody or something other than LF or their rushing game." Harris may be better, but their bread and butter is on the ground. I like our chances with them in lots of 3rd and longs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sure, LSU's schedule isn't Alabama's, but Fournette's stats are legit. He has only 9 carries in garbage time - meaning only 9 carries in games in which LSU was winning by more than 2 TDs. Miles is not leaving him in games against weak opponents to pad his stats.
He also gained 113 yards on those 9 carries, which is about 5 yards more than his season YPC average.

The toughest team LSU has faced is Florida. The best rush defense he's faced? Florida, who is #21 in rush defense. Alabama allows 38 fewer rushing yards than Florida.

He's faced two defenses ranked in the top 50 in rush defense and three ranked in triple digits (Auburn - 100, South Carolina - 101, and Eastern Michigan - 127).

I broke down his rushes to see how they breakdown by yardage to see how consistent he is:

TFL: 9.7%
No gain: 3.4%
1 yard: 8.5%
2 yards: 8.0%
3 yards: 10.8%
4 yards: 8.5%
5 yards: 5.7%
6 yards: 8.5%
7 yards: 9.7%
8 yards: 2.3%
9 yards: 4.0%
10 yards: 2.3%
11 - 20 yards: 11.9%
20+ yards: 6.8%

If Bama's secondary can lock down the WRs, the front seven should be able to limit LF to 3 yards or less per carry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.