LSU's Fournette looking forward to Alabama

Saint&Sinner

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking forward to this clash. Looks like Fournette is not a believer though. I hope we shove his --- back to the bayou.

"Fournette smiled a bit when the topic of Alabama came up after the game. LSU enjoys a bye week before traveling to Tuscaloosa.
Fournette repeatedly called Florida's defense the best in the SEC, but when reminded that Alabama's defenders called themselves the best in the country, Fournette countered that "everyone can have their opinion."
"They're coming up on our schedule, so we'll just have to see," Fournette said."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/10/maybe_alabamas_defense_is_the.html

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Its understandable, Reuben hit him so hard at the end of regulation last year that he probably doesn't remember us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fournette - like Chubb, he is going to get his yards. Stop the rest of that offense and it won't matter.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Shutdown Harris and the WRs, contain him, score enough that LF popping off 100+ and 2 TDs don't matter.

LSU is mighty high on their QB right now, I think it is a mistake mainly helped by a pretty dang creampuff early schedule. He didn't do anything in the second half against Florida...hopefully we just avoid the lapses they had in the first half.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Fournette - like Chubb, he is going to get his yards. Stop the rest of that offense and it won't matter.
Chubb never got any yards when it mattered. I expect LF to get some yards but I agree I think the game will hinge on if the Alabama secondary can cover the bomb passes to Dupri and Travis Durrell (SP?)..

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Keep him under 120-130 yds and we get the win.
Agreed. I am confident that our defense will limit the LSU offense enough to win.

The real story of this game is going to be our offense against LSU's defense. Specifically our O-line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
WIthout that 88 yards, He would've been under 50 yards rushing. We had busted assignments by LBs on that play. He was struggling all afternoon long. Fournette is more of north and south runner... so He probably would end up with 70 yards rushing or less...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I dont think that les can keep his players mouth shut for 2 weeks. I might be wrong, but this is the first time in a number of years they have been ranked above us. When the line comes out and they are the underdog by 4 to 6 points IMHO, then you will likely get some bulletin board material.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
We're going to make Harris prove to us that he can be a impact player. We're going to take away the run game and see how Good LSU are. Harris has improved so much from last year, but the thing is I'm not sure if he had faced a real good defense as Alabama this year. Our players will be fresh.. but so will LSU. We know LSU will try something different now that they have two week off. probably will find a way to get the momentum going. If we can get to scoring early , we'll be fine. the key is to make sure LSU is limited to field goals or nothing at minimum by half time.

I dont think that les can keep his players mouth shut for 2 weeks. I might be wrong, but this is the first time in a number of years they have been ranked above us. When the line comes out and they are the underdog by 4 to 6 points IMHO, then you will likely get some bulletin board material.
The "Die has been cast" now. You don't think everyone has their opinion isn't a shot at the DL.

All I can say is thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Champions relish the challenge of playing the best to prove they're the best - I'd expect nothing less of Fournette.

I expect he'll get some yards, but also suspect it will be less than 180 yards UF yielded him.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Same story....different player. Seems like our D will hear all about stopping him these next weeks. I bet that motivates them more than anything.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Players get asked by the media and have to respond with something. This doesn't look too bad. It's not like Fournette is running around spouting off a bunch of nonsense; he just has to respond to the media and it is easy to say something that is a little twisted.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
After his stellar performance against us last year, I can see why he's so confident.

CARYDSAVGTDLONG
Leonard Fournette21793.8013

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.