LSU's CBs Have Been Pretty Suspect So Far This Season

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Agreed. We left a lot of open receivers and yards on that field. Our newly placed QB didn't capitalize. You guys should do better.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
To bad that the timing and rhythm of the Bama passing game hasn't been in sync for most of the year. Maybe this is the game when it starts to click..

To bad that the timing and rhythm of the Bama passing game hasn't been in sync for most of the year. Maybe this is the game when it starts to click..
QB and receivers have been good as the season has progressed. Can't say that about the OL. When given time COke has been able to find his target. Lately, he's been running for his life.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
if we can block em, I think we can toss it around a bit. Enough to force them into more base stuff and give Henry the room to operate.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
if we can block em, I think we can toss it around a bit. Enough to force them into more base stuff and give Henry the room to operate.
I think this speaks to how our season turns out. The rest of the team is more than good enough to win out. The OL just has to give them a chance. We have to block better or we'll likely drop another game or two.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I think the concensus of bama fans is that our OL is the major problem area thus far for a successful offense. amazingly, I sitting at home watching the tenn game, and here at home in tenn I am reading about how they are starting two freshmen on their OL for this game. I know, we are suppose to be recruiting exceptional offensive line talent, but it is not reflected on the field thus far. the OL line and DEF line are the lifeline of college and pro football. wouldn't it be great to see coker be able to drop back a couple times a game and unleash the deep ball or even a 20 to 30 yarder across the middle. its been a long time.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to nit-pick, but did you see how the TN o-line did? They were mauled by your d-line. Mauled. Their QB was running for his life the entire game. Considering the fact that Alabama is starting 3 new o-linemen this year, they are doing pretty well - but most expected them to have progressed more by this point in the season. And it doesn't help that Cam has been limited.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Like some of the other posters above, I feel like it's all on the OL. We do fine when they give Coker enough time...
If Cam is healed up now (which I hope), we will look much better. That said, if he's still in rough shape, we should consider putting in his backup.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think the concensus of bama fans is that our OL is the major problem area thus far for a successful offense. amazingly, I sitting at home watching the tenn game, and here at home in tenn I am reading about how they are starting two freshmen on their OL for this game. I know, we are suppose to be recruiting exceptional offensive line talent, but it is not reflected on the field thus far. the OL line and DEF line are the lifeline of college and pro football. wouldn't it be great to see coker be able to drop back a couple times a game and unleash the deep ball or even a 20 to 30 yarder across the middle. its been a long time.
I didn't get to watch all of the game because I was at a wedding. I stepped away from the reception to go to the car to listen to the last 7 minutes. Phil made the statement on the last defensive possession - "Finally when Tennessee had to pass and couldn't run, the defensive line was able to pin their ears back and attack the freshmen on the right side."

In regards to timing, I read some comments on another board about Coker being a second late on some of the timing route throws. One poster even said Saban alluded to it during his appearance on the SEC Network show Film Room.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree with everyone on this post. Not much for me to say, just that I really think we have to do better job on blocking. Can anyone confirm that we started playing better after a bye week in the last few years?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I agree with everyone on this post. Not much for me to say, just that I really think we have to do better job on blocking. Can anyone confirm that we started playing better after a bye week in the last few years?
I think we've had a bye week before LSU every year since 2009. We're 4-2 against LSU since then. Not sure about any larger trends (overall record after the pre-LSU bye) or more general trends (after other bye weeks).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.