Another Example of Our Global Brand Recognition

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I do but usually only May - September/October. Look for me. Usually ATL-LHR, AMS, FCO, VCE, BCN. :cool:
A little off-topic, but since we're kind talking about travel:

If you do much international travel, the restaurant "One Flew South" in Terminal E (the international terminal) at ATL is probably the best airport restaurant in America, not to mention they have an amazing bar with great premium liquors and a top-notch selection of wines. Even when I'm flying domestic, I'll tram over to E if I have time on a layover.

You'll know me if you come through: I'll be the one with the martini (Hendricks straight up) and the Bama cap... :)

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Several years ago, I was at a bazaar in Kabul with some co-workers. I had on a Bama cap with the script A. A little Afghan kid (I figured about 10 years old) sees me and hollers, "Alabama! Roll Tide!" Up til that moment, I had no intention of buying anything that day. When that happened, I turned to my co-workers and told them that I didn't care what he was selling at his stall, he was making a sale on me.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Not quite as global as the OP's example...but I was in Colorado for the Georgia game. Landed at Denver airport around 2 qtr. Of course we're wearing our Bama gear as it is game day. Got a Roll Tide walking through airport to baggage claim. Met two Bama fans (from Tennessee no less) while waiting for rental car shuttle bus, and then met another Bama fan at rental car counter. That's 3 encounters all before we left the airport grounds. We are everywhere!
I spent all of July this year in Denver and while at a Rockies game I seen a guy wearing a Bama hat. Hollered Roll Tide to him and he seemed stunned.....lol.

Also seen a barner walking with his woman and I said Roll Tide to him and she said "thank you!":biggrin:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Several years ago, I was at a bazaar in Kabul with some co-workers. I had on a Bama cap with the script A. A little Afghan kid (I figured about 10 years old) sees me and hollers, "Alabama! Roll Tide!" Up til that moment, I had no intention of buying anything that day. When that happened, I turned to my co-workers and told them that I didn't care what he was selling at his stall, he was making a sale on me.
cool. on his first tour in iraq (right when it started) my brother scrawled "roll tide" on a stone saddam roadside "portrait" and sent a picture back grinning ear to ear underneath the tag.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I do but usually only May - September/October. Look for me. Usually ATL-LHR, AMS, FCO, VCE, BCN. :cool:
I did ATL to LHR this Summer for work. Wish I'd known, and I would have given you a roll tide. It was a GA based crew for sure because I wore my Peachtree Road Race T-shirt and ended up talking to one of the flight attendants for a bit while stretching my legs in the back of the plane.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
A little off-topic, but since we're kind talking about travel:

If you do much international travel, the restaurant "One Flew South" in Terminal E (the international terminal) at ATL is probably the best airport restaurant in America, not to mention they have an amazing bar with great premium liquors and a top-notch selection of wines. Even when I'm flying domestic, I'll tram over to E if I have time on a layover.

You'll know me if you come through: I'll be the one with the martini (Hendricks straight up) and the Bama cap... :)
Bartender had a cool write up about her in The Bitter Southerner. Oh and you can get into E without an international ticket.

Last edited:

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al
My recent Bama grad daughter is an assistant English teacher in Japan, teaching anywhere from 1st to 9th graders. She makes sure to teach them to say Roll Tide first thing

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I visited that store five or six years ago and talked to the owner about his Bama connection. That picture has been my avatar for several years. There are a few Bama shirts sprinkled on young boys in Israel as that was my gift on my return trip!

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Was in Merida, Mexico on a cruise excursion riding segways. We get to this intersection and stop while traffic is going through. A carload of guys come through and saw me with my Bama hat on. They all leaned out of the car window yelling "ROLL TIDE" - the group we were a part of all looked at me. I just shrugged and said "Bama fans are everywhere!"

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I did ATL to LHR this Summer for work. Wish I'd known, and I would have given you a roll tide. It was a GA based crew for sure because I wore my Peachtree Road Race T-shirt and ended up talking to one of the flight attendants for a bit while stretching my legs in the back of the plane.
Three of us that work the charters fly ATL-LHR often. Holler next time. :)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Like the Borg, Bama is a global juggernaut against which resistance is futile. All will be assimilated.
Fify. My reasoning is that my SIL, who has been an aubie as long as I've known her, surprised me this past Saturday morning by wearing my old Bama 2009 BCSNC sweatshirt. It caught me by surprise, but I wasn't disappointed in the least. :smile:
:biga:

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I've exchanged Roll Tides in Paris and London, as well as with 4 or 5 different people at my neighborhood grocery store here in Albuquerque. Have unfortunately seen an Orbun shirt or 2 as well....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.