Another Example of Our Global Brand Recognition

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
[/URL][/IMG]
My son sent this to me this morning. Came with this: גאות גליל!!!

You know what that means... Tide Roll!!!:D

Ken_M

Feb 24, 2002
Florence, AL
www.mininger.org
It was taken in Jerusalem. Someone sent this to me and I passed it along to my dad. There's this sort of enclosed mall-ish type area in Jerusalem...flea market type atmosphere. I went to Jerusalem in 2009 and don't remember seeing this particular store. Believe me...if I had, this picture would have already made the rounds here.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Not quite as global as the OP's example...but I was in Colorado for the Georgia game. Landed at Denver airport around 2 qtr. Of course we're wearing our Bama gear as it is game day. Got a Roll Tide walking through airport to baggage claim. Met two Bama fans (from Tennessee no less) while waiting for rental car shuttle bus, and then met another Bama fan at rental car counter. That's 3 encounters all before we left the airport grounds. We are everywhere!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I was in Jamaica last month and walked onto the beach when we got there. The beach supervisor had an Alabama hat on and when he saw me in my Bama shirt he yelled ROLL TIDE.

Ken_M

Feb 24, 2002
Florence, AL
www.mininger.org
Not quite as global as the OP's example...but I was in Colorado for the Georgia game. Landed at Denver airport around 2 qtr. Of course we're wearing our Bama gear as it is game day. Got a Roll Tide walking through airport to baggage claim. Met two Bama fans (from Tennessee no less) while waiting for rental car shuttle bus, and then met another Bama fan at rental car counter. That's 3 encounters all before we left the airport grounds. We are everywhere!
My job takes me all over the world...and anyone that knows me knows I always wear my Bama hat (white, red Bama) when I travel (I travel comfortably when I fly). I've gotten Roll Tide's in Vienna, Moscow, Tel-Aviv, London, and all over the US & Canada. Just got one in Munich, Germany today. Heading to Amsterdam next week...gonna see if I can add that to the list.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I was in Jamaica last month and walked onto the beach when we got there. The beach supervisor had an Alabama hat on and when he saw me in my Bama shirt he yelled ROLL TIDE.
I had a similar experience. On Magen's Bay Beach in USVI I saw a guy wearing a script A ball cap so I said, "Roll Tide". It was the first 'Bama fan I had ever spoken with in person in the 30+ years that I have been a 'Bama fan.

If you're ever in Nova Scotia, you might see this:
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2017&d=1445602131

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I had a similar experience. On Magen's Bay Beach in USVI two years ago I saw a guy wearing a script A ball cap so I said, "Roll Tide". It was the first 'Bama fan I had ever spoken with in person in the 30+ years that I have been a 'Bama fan.

If you're ever in Nova Scotia, you might see this:
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2017&d=1445602131

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
There used to be - and perhaps still is - an Alabama sports store in Frankfurt, Germany.

Ok, so technically it was a College Football store but it was about 75%-80% Alabama gear. :)

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL

This is me at Heart of Dixie. It's in the Old City in Jerusalem, literally a couple blocks from the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, which encloses the area where Jesus died and was buried and resurrected. All of Old City is like that... very enclosed, very tight and flea-market like. The gentleman who runs the store has family in Alabama and sure does love the Tide. By the time I got to the Old City, I'd been in country for a good while on business and was pretty homesick. It was a nice sight to see. :)

Meanwhile, here is my favorite pic from that trip, that's me on the left. My business partner and I were out doing a photo shoot near Golan Heights and came across these IDF guys ... they were awesome and talked to us for a while, and were more than happy to pose for a photo. It made my wife nervous (actually, angry) when she saw it, but the fact is life is pretty much like that in Israel. You get on a bus, the Israel Defense Forces are there. In a way, it's kinda comforting...

Attachments

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that it is likely more an example of the result of the fierce loyalty that Alabama grads and fans have for this program. People who grow up Alabama fans remain Alabama fans for their entire lives, no matter where their lives take them. My wife's family is a great example. They are scattered across the country, with a few members in other countries. The first thing that they catch up on when they talk - Alabama football.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
My job takes me all over the world...and anyone that knows me knows I always wear my Bama hat (white, red Bama) when I travel (I travel comfortably when I fly). I've gotten Roll Tide's in Vienna, Moscow, Tel-Aviv, London, and all over the US & Canada. Just got one in Munich, Germany today. Heading to Amsterdam next week...gonna see if I can add that to the list.
I'll look for you if you're ever on Delta. :cool: I'm in a lot of those places as well. I've run into RT3413 on one of my flights before. You never know.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i invariably see folks wearing bama gear on almost every international trip i take. i always throw out a roll tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.