Question: Best Place for Kirby Smart?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
OK:
How did he do while he was at Bama? He was part of two NC coaching staffs, IIRC.
So he suddenly goes to FSU and Georgia and is a bad coach?
He's also a stud recruiter.
There is no one out there with what he brings to the table...unless CNS goes after Chicklets.

I better add: his deal at Georgia seemed to involve him being able to hire a few assistants. I'm not sure that would work if he came back to Bama.
But this is all guesswork because the timing would have to be right. with KS leaving and JP becoming available (which I think now is a foregone conclusion).
Pruitt's not a bad coach. He just has questionable character IMO.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
You're assuming McElwain didn't learn anything at CSU that he might not have had the opportunity to learn if he'd had the pressure of a big-time program to deal with.
Not assuming anything. It's just as possible he already knew enough to coach a big time D-1 program as not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think he'll be just as successful as McElwain, if not moreso.

You're basing your feeling that Kirby will be Saban's replacement even if he's still DC because you think he'll be just as successful?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
If South Carolina passes on him, CKS may not get another look this year. He may have to go the Illinois or MAC route to get a HC job. South Carolina should go after the Memphis HC or the Houston HC. They are missing a great opportunity with either one, if they pass on them.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
You're basing your feeling that Kirby will be Saban's replacement even if he's still DC because you think he'll be just as successful?
Yes. I've seen a lot from him over the years, and he's more than capable of taking over an SEC team right now.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
If South Carolina passes on him, CKS may not get another look this year. He may have to go the Illinois or MAC route to get a HC job. South Carolina should go after the Memphis HC or the Houston HC. They are missing a great opportunity with either one, if they pass on them.
South Carolina should go after Kirby
. . .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.