Report: UGA to Start Faton Bauta at QB Against Florida

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
This (from my perspective) seems like pure desperation. Hinging on a hope that lack of game tape will hinder Florida's preparation process and change the rhythm of a Chubb-less offense. Tempo will probably be different but I give Florida 1 quarter to suss it out. I don't like Georgia's odds.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Looks like Richt is trying to tank the season so he can let all the DAWGs down easy when he takes the Miami job.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'm betting Verne doesn't even try and just calls him the Georgia Quarterback or Number __. This sounds pretty desperate by UGA. Verne may be able to go back to "Lambert" by the second half.

May make for interesting TV, at least for a little while.

The East is starting to look like the ACC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
the east has been a joke for a good bit of richt's time in athens, he still couldn't capitalize
Kinda - Spurrier had USCe at 11 wins 3 of those years. Still, hard to fathom Mizzou beating them out 2 years in a row. GA has way more talent than Mizzou.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Most of the time, but during that 3 year run USCe had some pretty special players - and Spurrier.
and uga had some very special players - and richt ;)

i hear what you're saying, but i cannot physically keep myself from denigrating uga when the opportunity presents itself ;)

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Most of the time, but during that 3 year run USCe had some pretty special players - and Spurrier.
Bingo on Spurrier! The difference is coaching.

Spurrier loved to talk about how UGA has top ten recruiting classes, but they don't know how to coach them up! That's back when Donovan was there and little has changed with Richt. He's fired and hired a dozen or more coaches and yet they play with the same consistency.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No doubt that only Florida has been able to rival Georgia in talent over the past 15 years in that division. Some years, like the Tebow era, Florida had more. But I'd argue most years, Georgia had the most.

Don't let anyone convince you that Richt has done anything but massively underachieve over there. (And don't let anyone convince Georgia fans that he has).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.