Pat Haden Stepping Down from College Football Playoff Committee

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree! Just heard Finebaum suggest Spurrier. He knows his football. Do you think he would be completely biased against Bama though?
I could live with that choice. He does need something to do with his time other than playing golf. But only if RTR91 agrees to it.

I could even see someone like Bo Jackson. Remember Bo Knows Football and everything else also.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
While I hope Haden's health problems aren't serious, his questionable handling of his position as AD at USC makes me believe he shouldn't be anywhere near the playoff committee.

IOW - this is good news.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Just heard Finebaum suggest Spurrier.
...and in the first poll every year, we'd see a vote for duke.

seriously, though. i would have no problem with him being on the committee. he always ran a clean program and definitely has the knowledge necessary to review / rank the teams.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
While I hope Haden's health problems aren't serious, his questionable handling of his position as AD at USC makes me believe he shouldn't be anywhere near the playoff committee.

IOW - this is good news.
The fact that Sark called him during a game to intervene on what he (Sark) viewed as a bad call was telling on both of them. Sark looked like a petulant child whining for his daddy to make the bad, bad men go away. Haden looked like the over-indulgent helicopter parent.

Then, when Haden actually tried to do so during the game, it was no longer telling, but now damning, on Haden.

In retrospect, it looks like the behavior of an alcoholic and an enabler.

There should have never been any active ADs on the committee in the first place. It's just too much of a conflict of immediate interest. While I hate that health problems forced the issue, I'm glad that an active AD is gone. And yes, I'd advocate for the ouster of the Arkansas AD on the same grounds.

Agree that Spurrier would be a good addition. Love him or hate him, he calls it straight. On paper, Holtz would be good. But he's just too biased. No on him.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There's no way any AD can perform his duties, then watch multiple games and study the film, then jet off to Dallas once a week for the committee meeting. I'm not a Spurrier fan but id be OK with him on the committee. Big NO on Holtz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Has anyone ever seen an explanation as to why they just didn`t do that in the first place? That`s all they really had to do, I thought.
Because the BCS attempted to give us the two best teams. They don't want the four best teams. They want the four best Conference Champions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.