If Kiffin leaves, who would you like as Off Coord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Dipping a toe back in the water.

Previous post from someone else suggested Mike Bloomgren at Stanford. Similar style offense to what worked in the recent past at Alabama. Thought it was a good enough suggestion to check his bio on the Stanford site. Found out he even has recruiting territory for S Ga and N Fl. Also found out he was at Alabama in the early 2000s.

If you were the original poster, props for a well thought-out suggestion.

EDIT: Earlier in the now-nuked thread, I suggested Will Friend. OC at Colo State, previous OL coach at GA, previous OL coach at UAB, and previous starting lineman at Alabama. Solid resume, probably a healthy set of recruiting contacts.

Bloomgren sounds even better to me, with my vast experience in coaching and managing coaches. :)

How 'bout Bloomgren as OC, Friend as OL, and Napier with WRs and QBs? Didn't Napier coach QBs at Clemson?

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good start. As before, stay away from salacious, gratuitous remarks, and, above all, NO PICTURES! This is the football board, and I'm not spending more time trying to play "Whack a Mole."

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I have no idea but I would assume Coach Saban has a couple on his short list.

With the skill we regularly get on offense it shouldn't be hard to get a few applicants. I'm more worried about our production along the line and possibly the next starting QB than I am who is calling the shots.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I like the idea of Bloomgren. If he could bring an OL coach with him, so much the better.

Also like one of the Clemson guys, and Napier is intriguing.

Don't like Neuheisel. Shady history, and not all that successful. I think his public perception is based on a TV-friendly personality (at least, when the camera is on), rather than past actions.

As Saban says , "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say."

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I love Stanford's offensive philosophy, which is the same as it was under Harbaugh. I don't care for the conservative nature at critical points in the game that David Shaw seems to have, but who knows how is OC would be in another environment?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
First, let me say I apologize for contributing in any way to the other thread going south. Wasn't intending to be salacious and didn't know the picture was a no-no (it was just a face picture, not sleazy for anyone wondering). With that out of the way....

What about the guy at Western Kentucky? Probably a little pass happy for Saban's taste, but they've been pretty productive.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Then why the hell post her picture, other than to speculate on their relationship, which ALL on here know we don't do? Your excuse needed to be answered. Do not answer me. Just don't use the forum as a springboard in the future to try and justify breaching our policies. AND I mean do not answer me...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have no idea who our next OC should be as assistant coaches aren't as well known as possible head coaches. I'm just mad I didn't open the other thread before it got nuked.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
And I will repeat, as long as it is not that razzle dazzle, fizzle wizzle, statue of puberty, Keystone Cops, every play's a trick play, where's the pickle, we can't line up so we are doing this and blocking downfield on pass plays instead offenses ... I am good.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know who would replace kiff but I get this feeling that josh niblett is going to wind up on alabama's staff at some point in the near future. Especially with high school coaches starting to make impact on college. Just IMO

As far as oc, it will probably be another up and comer that many aren't projecting right now. Probably a more balanced style offense

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
That is my thought also. Seems like people think he is gone after the season. Is this the consensus?
His contract runs through the end of the year and there has been zero discussion that he's being extended (this is based on what I've read in news articles and on this site).

Some of our resident insiders has also indicated that a mutual parting of the ways is expected at the end of this year. And our insiders tend to be right more than they are wrong, so I'm inclined to think Kiffin won't be around next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.