Link: The Unbuilt Skyscraper That Would Have Been Big Enough for All of San Francisco

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Is it even possible to build a 2 mile high skyscraper????..Especially in one of the most earthquake prone parts of the world, imagine being 2 miles high & a 7.0 earthquake hits..LOL..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This is the discussion I have with my father about magentic levitation trains. He says we should build a maglev train from NY to LA. He says the science is sound.
I say, "who is going to pay for it? It would cost around $300 billion."
His rejoinder is always, "Why are you denying the science?"
I tell him "I'm not. I am denying the economics."
My father is an Obama supporter.

As for the OP, I'd say building a abnormally tall building in an earthquake zone would not be advisable, even if getting it up is technically possible.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
A veritable Tower of Babel.

Reminds me of the Chung Kuo novels by David Wingrove.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chung_Kuo_(novel_series)

Chung Kuo is primarily set 200 years in the future in mile-high, continent-spanning cities made of a super-plastic called 'ice'. Housing a global population of 40 billion, the cities are divided into 300 levels and success and prestige is measured by how far above the ground one lives. Some – in the Above – live in great comfort. Others – in the Lowers – live in squalor, whilst at the bottom of the pile is 'Below the Net', a place where the criminal element is exiled and left to rot. Beneath the cities lie the ruins of old Earth – the Clay – a lightless, stygian hell in which, astonishingly, humans still exist. These divisions are known as 'the world of levels'.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.