Game Thread: Ole Miss visits the Barn

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Amazing what a difference one guy makes. Means we have no depth.
Cam has been playing injured pretty much all season. Not looking forward to this matchup, but I am glad that Lawson is back out there. Hate to see anyone with that kind of talent, regardless of team affiliation, miss time with injuries. Lawson stands to make a lot of coin one day, but not if he can't stay on the field.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Not smart to go for it there IMO. Should have punted. Guess Malzahn doesn't have faith in his defense..

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Going there actually indicates faith in your D,
No it idicates you have no idea what you are doing. If you have faith in your D punt and get the ball back with fresh set of downs. Dont give them the momentum with a dumb play call.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Going there actually indicates faith in your D,
I kind of disagree. Malzahn is thinking he has to score a ton of points to win. If you trust the defense you punt and pin them deep and know you can get a stop and get the ball back. See what I mean. I can see either opinion being valid though..

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
That looked like the Barn defense. Gus's ballsy call may have swung momo in this game.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.