Will Nebraska run Riley out of town?.....

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I'd be a little surprised if they released Riley after only one year. I think they are classier than that. But didn't Southern Miss fire Ellis Johnson after only a year?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Riley was offered the job prior to Price being hired. The UCLA job was also open at the time, and he had thrown his hat into that ring because it was said that his wife resided in Solano Beach, California and would not leave there regardless of where he went. When he asked Mal to wait until UCLA had made their decision, Mal refused and turned to Price. UCLA hired Karl Dorrell and Riley went back to Oregon State.

To my knowledge Riley's wife was good to her word and still resides in Solano Beach. Doubt if she went to Corvallis or Lincoln.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He may have saved his job with this win over M. State. I hope they win out and especially knock off Iowa.
Unless he was losing to all the scooter poot schools then I doubt that he had to fear for his job this year. Iowa will take care of itself sooner or later but I doubt Nebraska will be the one to do it.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
If you look at the game scores, they're pretty much all with a few points. I don't know how close they actually were to winning those games, but he could easily have been undefeated or maybe 1 loss. I think they should give him another year to see what he can do in year 2.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.