Would not be surprised to hear Richt getting fired soon.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So does anyone here think that the barn/ga game may determine the fate of one of the hc's? Barn may only win one more game, if dogs lose to barn they could have 5 losses.
How long do these schools put up with coaches who can't produce? Especially considering the expectations placed (unfairly or not) on both programs at the beginning of the season?

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
So does anyone here think that the barn/ga game may determine the fate of one of the hc's? Barn may only win one more game, if dogs lose to barn they could have 5 losses.
How long do these schools put up with coaches who can't produce? Especially considering the expectations placed (unfairly or not) on both programs at the beginning of the season?
I think UGA will hear a lot more noise from boosters if Richt loses to both Auburn and Tech. For some reason I think he stays if he beats Tech. They'll chalk it up to some lame excuse like they do each year and retain him. Also, I am not sure they want to get into a competition with other schools having coaching vacancies and with limited availability of seasoned head coaches. Just my opinion.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
So it begins. Withering

"I’ve said this before – said it after favored Georgia was blown out by the ghost-ship Gators here a year ago – but here it is again: I no longer believe in Mark Richt. I no longer believe he can take Georgia where it needs to go. And here’s the most chilling part of another sobering day: The Gators in Year 1 under McElwain were 24 points better than the Bulldogs in Year 15 under Richt."

Last edited:

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
So it begins. Withering

"I’ve said this before – said it after favored Georgia was blown out by the ghost-ship Gators here a year ago – but here it is again: I no longer believe in Mark Richt. I no longer believe he can take Georgia where it needs to go. And here’s the most chilling part of another sobering day: The Gators in Year 1 under McElwain were 24 points better than the Bulldogs in Year 15 under Richt."
It hurt to read his perspective of UF, but I can't argue with the articles point.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The nice thing about it when Georgia plays Auburn...the head coaches will never cuss.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I don't see him being fired this yr. Most of the major donors still back him as does the UGA administration. He is not going anywhere--and as a Bama fan that's just fine with me.

Philippines

Scout Team
Feb 9, 2014
Birmingham, AL
He may be a good man & a decent HC, but, I've never been a fan of the attitude his teams has each year..Like when the Georgia Players were all up in our Boys faces barking, when the teams came out to practice before the game started, they had to have his go ahead to do stuff like that or the silly team celebration after the TD against Florida..Stuff like that can literally start a brawl..He's had the talent to win at least one NC or more at Georgia, but, they always lose the big games each year..I hope he stays at Georgia for another 10yrs at the very least..If Georgia has a HC that can win those big games..Georgia will be a nightmare for the SEC & college football....
Excellent post.

I lived in Atlanta for 20 years until my retirement and I was constantly amazed at the lack of discipline, stupid personal fouls and pregame antics displayed by Georgia every year. The AD is a moron and I hope he keeps Richt there forever.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
To Alabama fans wanting Richt gone, be careful of your wish. They might get it right on a new hire. A championship level coach in Athens can make things very uncomfortable for the rest of the SEC.
seeing how that hasn't happened in the past how ever many hires they've had since dooley, im not too concerned.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I know a guy that is not big in the program , but has ties to the DAWG NATION. Let them lose to AUBURN and he will not be retained , that is all he said.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
CMR is going not going to be fired after this season. Georgia is perfectly pleased to continue to have him and his "good guy" image run their program as long as he puts up 7+ wins per season. CMR controls his time there and will leave on his terms.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Trust me. I certainly hope CMR is there for many, many more years. And I don't think the PTB at UGA will fire him at the end of the season. I just got the sense that CMR is wore out and may "pull the trigger' himself at the end of the season.

And I think, if he loses to the Barn or to Tech (of both) he may just go ahead and fold his own tent.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Excellent post.

I lived in Atlanta for 20 years until my retirement and I was constantly amazed at the lack of discipline, stupid personal fouls and pregame antics displayed by Georgia every year. The AD is a moron and I hope he keeps Richt there forever.
Yup..All of those lack of discipline personal fouls is a reflection on one man at Georgia & that's Mark Richt, I've got the sense that Richt allows that kinda attitude on the team & that kinda play on the football field, as his coaching style to fire up his team to help overcome his lack of coaching abilities to produce Championships at Georgia..It will allow him to continue recruiting at a pretty high level, cause he's looked at as a more player friendly HC, that recruits will gravitate towards no matter if he doesn't win Championships at Georgia, that's all well & good if the fans, and the "Power's That Be" at Georgia are satisfied with the results Richt produces year in & year out on the football field..

It's almost like they're happy with looking like Champions on paper each year in the off-season & their team predictable falter every season on the football field..If that makes them all happy, hey, it sure a heck makes me happy as well..Enjoy y'alls "Paper Championships" all you want.."Go Dawg's"..woof woof woof woof or whatever they chant..LOL....

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
seeing how that hasn't happened in the past how ever many hires they've had since dooley, im not too concerned.
But you know that the right guy there could make a difference. You recognize the talent level available in the state. It is a risk.

That said, I still can't get my head around the mediocrity that is accepted at GA. I really thought that they were more like Alabama or Florida (in terms of demanding fans and boosters).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
But you know that the right guy there could make a difference. You recognize the talent level available in the state. It is a risk.

That said, I still can't get my head around the mediocrity that is accepted at GA. I really thought that they were more like Alabama or Florida (in terms of demanding fans and boosters).
yeah, in theory. but for whatever reason, they reek of mediocrity. even dooley wasn't that great outside of the herschel years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.