Would not be surprised to hear Richt getting fired soon.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think it is sad. He has given so much to that university. A coach that wins but can win the big ones are soon to be looking for job. I feel for his family if it comes to pass.
I do feel bad for his family. But, maybe a few years ago, I'd feel for him but he's consistently lost control of his team. They are constantly bleeding talent to Florida, Bama, Auburn and Tennessee. I'm glad we were able to take advantage though.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
This may be the loss that gets him, but they will give him until the end of the season, if they let him go.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He has enough money to never work again. I won't shed many tears for his family if he is canned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think it is sad. He has given so much to that university. A coach that wins but can win the big ones are soon to be looking for job. I feel for his family if it comes to pass.
there is no reason to feel for his family, they are set. he has made a fortune as a coach.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This may be the loss that gets him, but they will give him until the end of the season, if they let him go.
The problem is that we have been saying this for how many years and how many head scratching losses. I thought he was done in 13. He does have the Chubb got hurt argument

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think, if you're the A.D., you absolutely have to consider the injuries this Georgia team has had. I know that Coach Richt has come up short in the big game more than a couple of times, but he's also put his team in a position to do great things.
Seriously though. Imagine our Bama team with our third team quarterback, and without Derrick Henry, and how good would we be?
Richt may indeed end up losing his job, but I think it would be a mistake Georgia would live to regret.
sip

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
As I posted in the UGA/UF game thread, I think he looks tired and frustrated. Even in the half time walk off interview, you sense the frustration in his voice.

If things continue along this path, get the feeling he may step down and take a year or two off and see what opens up elsewhere. At 55 y/o, he is still relatively young for the coaching rank.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Yeah, he's done. I don't think they'll fire him mid year. Expect a "mutual" parting of ways. He might even take a job like Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
It happens EVERY year!!! I'm not a UGA fan, but this ain't Bulldog football out on that field. I remember as far back as CVD and the product CMR produces each year is "Mediocre" and "Underachieving"!

I think, if you're the A.D., you absolutely have to consider the injuries this Georgia team has had. I know that Coach Richt has come up short in the big game more than a couple of times, but he's also put his team in a position to do great things.
Seriously though. Imagine our Bama team with our third team quarterback, and without Derrick Henry, and how good would we be?
Richt may indeed end up losing his job, but I think it would be a mistake Georgia would live to regret.
sip

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
sip
I'm a Richt fan, but your argument on the 3rd string QB doesn't have merit. He's not in because 1 and 2 are hurt, it's Richt's choice. Granted, 1 and 2 haven't done anything, but that's also on the coaching staff.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think He'll get fired. Injuries played a role this year.. but so did last year and the year before. I think he leaves the school and goes to Miami.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I look for some schools to hold off on some firings because there will be so many programs looking for coaches. May want to wait another year. This year is going to be crazy.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It happens EVERY year!!! I'm not a UGA fan, but this ain't Bulldog football out on that field. I remember as far back as CVD and the product CMR produces each year is "Mediocre" and "Underachieving"!
He's not Nick Saban, without question, but since 2001, he's 141-51, won ten games or more nine times, and finished in the Top 10 seven times. If that get's you fired then I don't want to be the next coach at Georgia. :)
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.