Jordan Bentley, RB Guntersville, Micah Stallworth, LB Albertville

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Some things to remember in recruiting -

Kids get noticed at camps. If a guy doesn't go to summer camps, he isn't going to get as much attention as he might deserve.

Also, many schools have their own 7-on-7 teams that go play in tournaments across the state, region and nation. Players get noticed by recruiting services at these tournaments. Teams that play in the national tournaments tend to be larger schools because they have the money to afford the travel expenses.

Bigger schools also have more resources to send videos to recruiters or post videos to Hudl.
Good points about recruiting. On the last thing almost every team in the state has Hudl tied to Max Preps. Our entire 3A region has it. The football team I work with has it (Winston Co.) and it is one of the coolest software programs Ive used. The film breakdown capability is what I like the most about it.

My brother plays for a small school (3A) and I've made him a highlight film on it. His coach gives every player a Hudl pass. In a few minutes I'll update his highlight film from his game last night. Takes very little effort on Hudl to make it and to post it their school's Max Preps. This has allowed him to gain interest from three or four D2 programs we wouldn't have been able to contact otherwise. Also several of the 1A & 2A schools use Hudl too. This has replaced swapping tapes on a Saturday morning with your upcoming opponent. And for recruiting almost anyone can easily get their film out there.

You're spot on with camps. Hudl helps get you on the radar but camps are a way for teams to get in person evaluations. It's really the key.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Good points about recruiting. On the last thing almost every team in the state has Hudl tied to Max Preps. Our entire 3A region has it. The football team I work with has it (Winston Co.) and it is one of the coolest software programs Ive used. The film breakdown capability is what I like the most about it.

My brother plays for a small school (3A) and I've made him a highlight film on it. His coach gives every player a Hudl pass. In a few minutes I'll update his highlight film from his game last night. Takes very little effort on Hudl to make it and to post it their school's Max Preps. This has allowed him to gain interest from three or four D2 programs we wouldn't have been able to contact otherwise. Also several of the 1A & 2A schools use Hudl too. This has replaced swapping tapes on a Saturday morning with your upcoming opponent. And for recruiting almost anyone can easily get their film out there.

You're spot on with camps. Hudl helps get you on the radar but camps are a way for teams to get in person evaluations. It's really the key.
What about UNA? Bobby Wallace is always looking for local talent.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
My last hijack of the thread as I kind of turned it into an all around local talent thread:

Even though Spanish Fort beat Clay-Chalkville Ty Pigrome had some great news!

Pigrome has completed 161-of-242 passes for 2,866 yards and 41 touchdowns and rushed for 1,225 yards and 17 touchdowns on 138 carries this season. He was named the 2014 ASWA Class 6A Back of the Year and AL.com Player of the Year last year, and he has accounted for 18 touchdowns in the Cougars’ first four playoff games.

In 2014, he accounted for 61 touchdowns and led the Cougars to the 6A state title

I wished I had stats for Tyler Johnson as well, the QB from Spanish Fort. He's a good one too!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
On Bentley,

I live in Boaz, Marshall county football is well, liking ! Coaching is liking as well. I guarantee Henry at Yulee played better competition than and body in Marshall county. Most North Alabama school don't beat central and South Alabama schools.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.